What can I give my akita that will help her coat look it's best?

My 5 month old akita is in the middle of blowing her coat, is it normal during this time for her to feel rough and to look dull? Her tail isn't as fluffy as her moms was either, her fur is only about 1 inch long and doesn't poof out like akitas I've…

My 5 month old akita is in the middle of blowing her coat, is it normal during this time for her to feel rough and to look dull? Her tail isn't as fluffy as her moms was either, her fur is only about 1 inch long and doesn't poof out like akitas I've…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What can I give my akita that will help her coat look it's best?...

• What can I give my akita that will help her coat look it's best?

What can I give my akita that will help her coat look it's best? Dog Breed Discussions
      My 5 month old akita is in the middle of blowing her coat, is it normal during this time for her to feel rough and to look dull? Her tail isn't as fluffy as her moms was either, her fur is only about 1 inch long and doesn't poof out like akitas I've seen, does this come with age or is there something I can give her to make her fur grow it's best?

What can I give my akita that will help her coat look it's best? Dog Breed Discussions
    • She has her puppy coat, you can't expect her to look like any adult. If she's on a top quality diet, you give her salmon oil daily, don't over-bath her, and if she's got the genetics for a good coat, it'll come when she's older.

• salmon oil, amino acids 3 and 6, other fish oils, make sure you use animal products not human if you decide to give these products, but these are a few to make the coat look nice and shiny. I've seen akitas with short puffy fur like you are describing. It also depends on what her dad's coat looked like.

• Anything high in fish oils is good. Give her a can of 'ack Mackeral with a raw egg a couple of times a week; the fish and the egg is nourishing and the fish oils and the eggs help her coat. That's the best way without getting into some high-dollar specialty feeding for her.Papaw