How can i convince my mom i can have a puppy?

Am 11 and i want to get a puppy but my mom won't let me can you please help.

Am 11 and i want to get a puppy but my mom won't let me can you please help....
    General Dog Discussions : How can i convince my mom i can have a puppy?...

• How can i convince my mom i can have a puppy?

How can i convince my mom i can have a puppy? General Dog Discussions
      Am 11 and i want to get a puppy but my mom won't let me can you please help.

How can i convince my mom i can have a puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • Nope sorry. I don't believe in helping kids change their parents minds when they have already been made up. And you have to be 13 to use YA. Your mother doesn't want to responsibility of owning a dog. No means No

• I am a more objective adult. I won't tell you that you are too young, etc, etc.I am a dog owner and I have a 9 mths old puppy. I am just going to give you some facts on what is it really like of having a dog and you decide whether you can convince YOURSELF to have one.1. Puppy is expensive. Forget about the purchase price (if you get it from a good breeder, it will be over $1500 BTW), it is easy to get sick. Like my puppy, for the first six months, I have spent around $1500 on vet bills. And I have not even included supplies, toys, and food.2. Puppy needs a lot of logistic coordination. First, puppy needs to be fed three times a day. So if you are in school and your parents are working, someone needs to come back home and feed the dog at 12/1pm. Or you can pay a dog walker which will be around 15 to 20 bucks per visit. Second, puppy needs to go outside to pee/poo every couple hours. Dogs are not rabbit, you can't just leave the dog in a cage. If not, you will develop a dog that thinks pee/poo on the couch/on your bed/under the dinner table is totally ok. Or even worst, the dog may even develop a habit of eating its own poo.3. Puppy does not sleep thru the night. My puppy for the first three week basically woke up at 11pm, 2am, 4am and 7am and you need to take him out to pee everytime he woke up...even there is a snowstorm going on. Can you or your parents do this?4 Puppy needs training and socialization....which means someone need to give up at least two hours per day for walking/going to dog park and every weekend to go to dog training class. Two level of courses will cost around $400.If you can figure out how to work out this logistics, you can convince your mom.