What do you think about Los Angles county requiring pet owners to get there pets spayed or neutered?

The new law states that you must get you dog or cat spayed or neutered by the time they reach 4 months old(6 months with a note from your vet). They do allow exceptions with Professional breeders, show dogs, police dogs, and seeing eye or service dogs.…

What do you think about Los Angles county requiring pet owners to get there pets spayed or neutered?

The new law states that you must get you dog or cat spayed or neutered by the time they reach 4 months old(6 months with a note from your vet). They do allow exceptions with Professional breeders, show dogs, police dogs, and seeing eye or service dogs.…...
    General Dog Discussions : What do you think about Los Angles county requiring pet owners to get there pets spayed or neutered?...

• What do you think about Los Angles county requiring pet owners to get there pets spayed or neutered?

What do you think about Los Angles county requiring pet owners to get there pets spayed or neutered? General Dog Discussions
      The new law states that you must get you dog or cat spayed or neutered by the time they reach 4 months old(6 months with a note from your vet). They do allow exceptions with Professional breeders, show dogs, police dogs, and seeing eye or service dogs. Bob Barker, the former host of The Price is Right was a cofounder of this bill.

What do you think about Los Angles county requiring pet owners to get there pets spayed or neutered? General Dog Discussions
    • I think it's fantastic. I work for a vet clinic and we have to put down so many strays it is heartbreaking. People just don't care about desexing their pets - maybe they would if they had to do my job for a day and put down DAY OLD puppies and kittens.

• It is a great idea. It will cut down on the number of pets euthanized due to running lose, being abandoned, abused, ect. The animals won't suffer from the increased health risks of being left intact. Hormonal aggression won't be an issue. Fewer animals will be hit by cars due to roaming, diseased won't be spread as fast.Last year over 30,000 animals were put to sleep in Los Angeles County alone. The county spends over $2 million per year on shelters/pounds. On average over 150 animals enter shelters PER DAY!If that can be stopped, I am all for it. It will also force people to think about owning a pet more and if they can properly care for and provide for the animal.http://laanimalservices.blogspot.com/