What kind of young dog do i get while owning an old dog?

i like portuguese water dogs there fun loving always following you around look up to you they are always there for you but they are enegenic and no matter what you do practically all puppys will be play full there pupppys but the portuguese water dog is…

i like portuguese water dogs there fun loving always following you around look up to you they are always there for you but they are enegenic and no matter what you do practically all puppys will be play full there pupppys but the portuguese water dog is…...
    General Dog Discussions : What kind of young dog do i get while owning an old dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What kind of young dog do i get while owning an old dog?

What kind of young dog do i get while owning an old dog? General Dog Discussions
      i like portuguese water dogs there fun loving always following you around look up to you they are always there for you but they are enegenic and no matter what you do practically all puppys will be play full there pupppys but the portuguese water dog is so cute and very obedient :) here are some pics : http://dogs-puppies.dogs-central.com/portuguese-water-dog/0763143677.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg http://www.breederretriever.com/photopost/data/794/medium/portuguese_pup.jpghttp://www.evenkeelpwd.com/image/16171998_scaled_450x337.jpg

What kind of young dog do i get while owning an old dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Well, there are certainly certain breeds that are lazier than others, but it sounds like you want to pay more attention to temperament of individual puppies that you may look at. I would say to take your older friend along with you when looking at any puppies to see how they interact. This will probably really help you make a decision about your new friend!If you are going to a shelter or a breeder, ask them about the temperament of each dog...and ask them who is the laziest and who gets along best with other dogs. You meet the puppies first, then when you find one you think you like, bring your old friend along to meet the puppy as well. Your current dog may not mind having a little puppy around. They probably will do all sorts of cute things like cuddle and play together. I would just say pay attention to the dog's temperaments and be sure to introduce them to each other properly. No matter which breed you get...they should get along fine.Good luck!

• I would get another retriever. After having a big dog how could you go to a little dog? Your 13 year old will tell the puppy who's boss and the puppy will learn it's limit. However, if your dog is dominate I would wait all together to get a new dog.

• My dog is 13 years old. She is a golden retriever and she has arthritis in her legs. She is a very kind dog and cannot do too much anymore. I am thinking about getting another dog along with her. What kind of dog should I get who wont bother or pester my dog? A dog that she can get along with. People have suggested a small dog, not another golden because I know that they are rowdy when they are young. Can anyone help?