Is my puppy still goin got be protected as other puppies?

well my puppy got vaccinated a bit late at 91/2 weeksso he is getting his second vaccines at 13 1/2 weeksand his third at 16-17 weeksand the vet wants a neuter in June could the vaccines mess with this?thanksP.S He is 12 weeks one day old right now

well my puppy got vaccinated a bit late at 91/2 weeksso he is getting his second vaccines at 13 1/2 weeksand his third at 16-17 weeksand the vet wants a neuter in June could the vaccines mess with this?thanksP.S He is 12 weeks one day old right now...
    General Dog Discussions : Is my puppy still goin got be protected as other puppies?...

• Is my puppy still goin got be protected as other puppies?

Is my puppy still goin got be protected as other puppies? General Dog Discussions
      well my puppy got vaccinated a bit late at 91/2 weeksso he is getting his second vaccines at 13 1/2 weeksand his third at 16-17 weeksand the vet wants a neuter in June could the vaccines mess with this?thanksP.S He is 12 weeks one day old right now

Is my puppy still goin got be protected as other puppies? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes your pup will be as protected once he's had all his shots.DO NOT take this dog out in public, especially to areas where there are other dogs til it finishes it's shots.Vaccines suppress the immune system to some degree, so I'd talk to your vet about being sure to vaccinate and nueter when the two won't interfere with each other from an immune system standpoint.Some vets are more concious of this than others. If your vet tells you it doesn't matter, find another vet.

• Why do you think that's late? I never like seeing puppies get vaccinated before the ninth week. It should only happen if the litter is born to an unkempt mother and raised in a poor environment. If the mother was vaccinated, then the litter is protected by maternal antibodies for many weeks. 75% are covered past their sixth week. 60% are covered past their ninth week. I'm much more concerned about having him neutered so young. Are you not able to keep him in your home? Is that why he has to be neutered? He is able to roam the neighborhood and you want to not contribute to the mutt population? If you can control your dog's whereabouts, then please wait until he is full grown to remove the gonads. As long as he can keep the sex hormones, he will be much less likely to develop cancer, hypothyroidism, and skeletal disorders.