Any ideas what would cause my dogs to develop blisters on their lips and around their mouths?

We recently had to treat our dogs with Revolution for Sarcoptic mange. We rescued a stray puppy without realizing that he had mange. After 8 weeks, the other dogs in our house started showing symptoms. We treated them all with Revolution, per the vet's…

Any ideas what would cause my dogs to develop blisters on their lips and around their mouths?

We recently had to treat our dogs with Revolution for Sarcoptic mange. We rescued a stray puppy without realizing that he had mange. After 8 weeks, the other dogs in our house started showing symptoms. We treated them all with Revolution, per the vet's…...
    General Dog Discussions : Any ideas what would cause my dogs to develop blisters on their lips and around their mouths?...

• Any ideas what would cause my dogs to develop blisters on their lips and around their mouths?

Any ideas what would cause my dogs to develop blisters on their lips and around their mouths? General Dog Discussions
      We recently had to treat our dogs with Revolution for Sarcoptic mange. We rescued a stray puppy without realizing that he had mange. After 8 weeks, the other dogs in our house started showing symptoms. We treated them all with Revolution, per the vet's orders. This was about 2 weeks ago, and within the last few days, 2 out 4 dogs have developed blisters around their mouths. The puppy that started everything does not have any. They do not seem to affect them very much, but one dog does not want to eat as well. Any help would be great! Thanks!Everyone keeps saying to contact my vet, and I already have done this. They had no solutions either and this is why I posted the question here. They only suggested trying Benedryl, like some of you have. I have tried this and with one dog, it does seem to help, but with the other, she seems to be in more pain and not wanting to eat. I just don't understand why 2 dogs would have a similar reaction when all 4 were treated, live in the same house, eat of the same dishes and go outside together in the same place....

Any ideas what would cause my dogs to develop blisters on their lips and around their mouths? General Dog Discussions
    • I wonder if your dog is having an allergy? I've seen dogs get blisters around their mouth when they are suffering from food or seasonal allergies. Better go to the vet again.

• Some pets will develop blisters after taking antibiotics or getting a flea spray. Allergies can cause blisters, and so can immune system disorders.Please have a vet check your dogs to find the cause behind the blisters and give you proper treatment.

• The only time I've heard of sores on mouths of animals is when our dog developed sores around his mouth... Mom explained to the vet that she changed his drinking dish, and replaced it with a plastic container. He said that was the cause of our dogs sores. Other than that I'm not sure. Hope i clears up soon for u. :)

• Our clinic uses Revolution EVERYday literlly for years and have not heard of this problem. Of course I would call your vet or Pfizer and see what they say.I would be concerned with a possibility that they were chewing on an electrical cord, a houseplant or a plant in the yard, and last a food allergy could cause blisters, but would be strange for 2 of them to respond this way.Have you given them Benadryl to reduce the histamine? Try this if it is an allergic reaction to maybe even a bug bit, bee sting, or ants.

• hey if you have plastic bowls that infects and your dog may not want to eat because it hurts so i asked my vet and she said EMU OIL and its clearing up great hope that helps