Has anyone started feeding yogurt or anything else to their dog and noticed a unexpected improvement in health?

My dog used to bite his paw and the white hair around turned pink. I started giving him yogurt every day and after about 2 weeks, his fur that has been growing in has stayed white rather than pink. (the pink is from red yeast growing in wet fur).I am…

Has anyone started feeding yogurt or anything else to their dog and noticed a unexpected improvement in health?

My dog used to bite his paw and the white hair around turned pink. I started giving him yogurt every day and after about 2 weeks, his fur that has been growing in has stayed white rather than pink. (the pink is from red yeast growing in wet fur).I am…...
    General Dog Discussions : Has anyone started feeding yogurt or anything else to their dog and noticed a unexpected improvement in health?...

• Has anyone started feeding yogurt or anything else to their dog and noticed a unexpected improvement in health?

Has anyone started feeding yogurt or anything else to their dog and noticed a unexpected improvement in health? General Dog Discussions
      My dog used to bite his paw and the white hair around turned pink. I started giving him yogurt every day and after about 2 weeks, his fur that has been growing in has stayed white rather than pink. (the pink is from red yeast growing in wet fur).I am sure it's the yogurt as nothing else has changed. Has anyone else experienced and improvement in your dog's health as a result of feeding yogurt or anything else you were told was good for your dog?

Has anyone started feeding yogurt or anything else to their dog and noticed a unexpected improvement in health? General Dog Discussions
    • I give my dogs live culture yoghurt every day. I do this from the first day I bring them home as puppies. None of them have ever had a problem with allergies.We will see posts where people say not to give dogs yoghurt because they are lactose intolerant. A few dogs are, most are not. I've never had a lactose intolerant dog in the last 29 years. This includes the many rescue dogs I've had here as well as my own dogs.

• Some on YA actually recommended yogurt for my dog and he loves it! It has helped him with his allergies. It's amazing. I do give him sweetened yogurt, so not sure if that's good but he loves it more than the plain and it's still improved his health.

• i've heard many people say yoghurt is really bad for them but ive seen yoghurt being used in dog cook books so its rather confusing.i however do give yoghurt to my dogs, 2-3 table spoons but i mix it with their food, i make homemade food for my dogs and make rice with it or eggs and they wont have rice nor eggs if i dont mix it with yoghurt, so their food is always mixed with yoghurt and they love it, and i have not noticed any change in their stool nor behaviour, indicating that yoghurt is bad for them.too much of anything is not good of course but if u keep it on small amounts i dont think there should be a problem