How long after a deworming shot will a puppy start felling better?

I was given a 6 week old pitbull terrier. I have had him for about a week, and he just stopped eating and drinking. He is usually very energetic, and know he just sits in his basket. I took him to the vet and they gave him his first shots, including a…

I was given a 6 week old pitbull terrier. I have had him for about a week, and he just stopped eating and drinking. He is usually very energetic, and know he just sits in his basket. I took him to the vet and they gave him his first shots, including a…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long after a deworming shot will a puppy start felling better?...

• How long after a deworming shot will a puppy start felling better?

How long after a deworming shot will a puppy start felling better? General Dog Discussions
      I was given a 6 week old pitbull terrier. I have had him for about a week, and he just stopped eating and drinking. He is usually very energetic, and know he just sits in his basket. I took him to the vet and they gave him his first shots, including a deworming shot. So how long before he will get better?

How long after a deworming shot will a puppy start felling better? General Dog Discussions
    • Are you sure he got a deworming shot? Deworming meds are usually given orally, not injected. In any case, depending on the type of worm and severity of the infestation, it could anywhere from a few days to a week for symptoms to improve.