What shots does my puppy need?

I have a 6 week old puppy. He has had only one deworm shot. Are there different kinds of deworm shot? And what other shots does he need? And about how much would all that cost? I'm planning on taking him to the vet anyways but just wanted to know…

I have a 6 week old puppy. He has had only one deworm shot. Are there different kinds of deworm shot? And what other shots does he need? And about how much would all that cost? I'm planning on taking him to the vet anyways but just wanted to know…...
    General Dog Discussions : What shots does my puppy need?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What shots does my puppy need?

What shots does my puppy need? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 6 week old puppy. He has had only one deworm shot. Are there different kinds of deworm shot? And what other shots does he need? And about how much would all that cost? I'm planning on taking him to the vet anyways but just wanted to know beforehand. Thank you!

What shots does my puppy need? General Dog Discussions
    • he needs 3 sets of shots, one for parvo, rabies, and distemper shots. they are every 2 to 3 weeks apart. it depends on the office visit charge but me, i paid 50.00 a piece for the shots and that includes the vet visit also. but its worth it to know that my dog was protected.

• The dewormer is by mouth and it is recommended they at least have a couple 2 to 4 weeks apart. The puppy at least need distemper parvo boostered a few tumes about 3 weeks apart. There are also other vaccines as well as heartworm and flea preventions, intestinal parasite exams, etc... Prices range depending on where you go, call around and price check. Puppies are not cheap, especially if you provide them proper care and nutrition.

• A puppy that age starts as you know with a deworming shot or pill. They also need 3 puppy shots which aid against parvo, distemper, leukamia which is one is given every 3 to 4 weeks depending on vet. Me myself I have raised dogs and go through Tractor Supply and buy the shots myself. Rabies shots come up at depending on your vet 4-6 months. I go through SISCA to spay/neuter and do rabies shots on a puppy at 4 months. My vet will not start checking for heartworm until about or close to a year where it will be more noticable. But checkups are the best thing for a young dog since their immune systems are not fully mature yet.