How much for a puppy echo sound?

My 7 week old puppy has a slight heart murmur. I have been advised to get an echo sound at a cardio office. Has any one done this procedure and know approx. what the cost can be?Thank you so much. I will wait till the next round of shots and see what…

My 7 week old puppy has a slight heart murmur. I have been advised to get an echo sound at a cardio office. Has any one done this procedure and know approx. what the cost can be?Thank you so much. I will wait till the next round of shots and see what…...
    General Dog Discussions : How much for a puppy echo sound?...

• How much for a puppy echo sound?

How much for a puppy echo sound? General Dog Discussions
      My 7 week old puppy has a slight heart murmur. I have been advised to get an echo sound at a cardio office. Has any one done this procedure and know approx. what the cost can be?Thank you so much. I will wait till the next round of shots and see what the vet says then.

How much for a puppy echo sound? General Dog Discussions
    • Puppies are commonly born with heart murmurs...Echos by board certified cardiologists are usually pretty pricey...you might want to get a second opinion and see if his heart murmur just goes away before you spend all that money...

• I would first speak to or make an appt with a dog heart doctor as I have been told MANY puppies have heart murmurs and outgrow them.......When I looked into it for the 2 year old stray I took in she had a grade II murmur it was going to be close to 900.00 for them to sedate her do the bloodwork and the echo..My vet said wait 6 months use fish oil and CO Q-10 supplements and in 6 months it was gone.Anemia can also cause a murmurI would do a 2nd opinion first though...especially for a slight murmur.