Does my puppy have a UTI?

I have a 6 month old westie puppy and she's almost finish being potty trained, occasionally she'll have a weekly accident in the house but it's becoming less frequent. She can also hold her bladder at night for longer than 10 hours. She does drink a lot,…

I have a 6 month old westie puppy and she's almost finish being potty trained, occasionally she'll have a weekly accident in the house but it's becoming less frequent. She can also hold her bladder at night for longer than 10 hours. She does drink a lot,…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does my puppy have a UTI?...

• Does my puppy have a UTI?

Does my puppy have a UTI? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 6 month old westie puppy and she's almost finish being potty trained, occasionally she'll have a weekly accident in the house but it's becoming less frequent. She can also hold her bladder at night for longer than 10 hours. She does drink a lot, I'll add. I wouldn't say a ridiculous amount but I mean every time she's near the water bowl she drinks. And yesterday we just noticed she drank all the water out of her bowl and our cat's bowl. I took her for a walk for 30 minutes and within that time she must've peed 5 times. And every hour we take her out she pees. But yesterday she had 4 accidents in the house in like 2 hours and she didn't even ask to go outside like she normally does. Usually she can hold it until we get her outside but now she can't. And it's not like she's been doing this all along, it's like it just started now. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Obviously if this keeps going on we're going to take her to the vet.

Does my puppy have a UTI? General Dog Discussions
    • Definitely get her to the vet. I would suspect diabetes from the heavy water drinking. With a uti, there will be painful urination and when eliminating, urine will just dribble out almost like they can't go, like something is preventing elimination.Vet asap!!