How to take care of a four week old puppy?

I know you aren't supposed to get puppies at this stage, but the person who owned the dog and pups got the mother taken away. The mom was stolen, so she just has them. Now we have one of the four week old pups. It is a male red nose pit bull. I am scared…

I know you aren't supposed to get puppies at this stage, but the person who owned the dog and pups got the mother taken away. The mom was stolen, so she just has them. Now we have one of the four week old pups. It is a male red nose pit bull. I am scared…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to take care of a four week old puppy?...

• How to take care of a four week old puppy?

How to take care of a four week old puppy? General Dog Discussions
      I know you aren't supposed to get puppies at this stage, but the person who owned the dog and pups got the mother taken away. The mom was stolen, so she just has them. Now we have one of the four week old pups. It is a male red nose pit bull. I am scared that we won't be able to care for him, but I will be home 24/7. What do we do to care for him for now? Will he become depressed? Also, he is very attached to my mother. Is there a reason for this?

How to take care of a four week old puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • You have a pit bull puppy with a red nose.At four weeks old, he should have his puppy teeth and you can feed him puppy food softened with warm water. If he doesn't take well to eating, you will have to buy some puppy formula and bottle feed him, but he should be able to eat. Feed him ever 2-3 hours. He will need a lot of socialization, and be prepared for a lot of biting and nipping. Since he is not with his mother or siblings, you will have to teach him bite inhibition. He will become very attached to his main caretaker. Your mother is probably taking the place of his real mother.He needs to see a vet asap to be tested for worms, and to get started on a vaccination schedule.