What is the best reasons NOT to buy a puppy as a Christmas gift?

Well, since Christmas is coming up and people are going to want that "cute little puppy" for Christmas, lets list the major reasons that getting a puppy for Christmas is a bad idea!What do you all think?You guys are WONDERFUL!!! I love all of the great…

What is the best reasons NOT to buy a puppy as a Christmas gift?

Well, since Christmas is coming up and people are going to want that "cute little puppy" for Christmas, lets list the major reasons that getting a puppy for Christmas is a bad idea!What do you all think?You guys are WONDERFUL!!! I love all of the great…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best reasons NOT to buy a puppy as a Christmas gift?...

• No reputable breeder or rescue I know will place a dog or puppy at Christmastime. Therefore, the only dogs and puppies available are from disreptuble, irresponsible, and unethical individuals and organizations. How do you explain to your kids that you got your puppy from a pimp?

• i think some ppl might not have the energy to take care of the puppy and after a while it would get neglected. dog-owners need to be responsible so for children no unless you plan on taking it back eventually. or maybe some children won't get tired of their new dog. i depends on the owner and the dog.

• Who ever you are giving the puppy to may not want that kind of dog.Most people (kids) want to pick out there own dog.It's a hard thing to keep a secret!

• I think the best reason not to buy a puppy for someone for christmas is because they turn into older dogs and they are no longer so cute but, a big mess of trouble. Unless u yourself are willing to take the dog on, I would suggest not to. Thaats my opinion and I hope I helped somewhat.Pat - baggy0

• Because reputable breeders WON'T sell people a puppy at Christmas. If someone is doing this, then they're probably a backyard breeder with untested breeding stock. No thank you, I prefer healthy and genetic tested dogs.

• Many times it's an impulsive buy...or they are settling because they want a puppy for Christmas...in return they may not by buying the best quality puppy. (and like DP said, reputable breeders who breed quality puppies will not sell to people for Christmas presents). The holidays are a very busy time and bringing a puppy home for Christmas just to make a kid get excited isn't in the best interest of the puppy. The puppy then gets stuck in a cage in a surrounding they are unfamiliar with, and left alone while the family goes to parties or to relatives to celebrate. It's best to bring a puppy home after the excitement of the holidays settle down where the family can welcome the puppy and spend the time the puppies deserves. The puppy can also start with a regular schedule and get to know his family when things aren't crazy with the holiday hustle and bustle.

• Pets should never be an impulse purchase. Individuals and families thinking of getting a pet should research, prepare and then, when the time is right, seek a pet who realistically complements their lifestyle, schedule and energy level. Many people do not have the time, energy or money to care for a dog over the long term. A new owner may enjoy the animal for a few weeks, but then resent the gift once the novelty wears off, and the cute puppy starts growing into an active, needy, larger dog.note: those that are thumbs downing these rational people's good answers are obviously living in their own ignorance...and as we all know..ignorance is bliss, but I'm very certain that if these thumbs downers get a puppy for xmas they will soon understand all these reasons...an hopefully learn a lesson (poor puppies).