6wk jack r potty trained trained to use doggy door?

4 puppies 3 girls and 1 boy. Merry,Angle,Donder and rudloph.They were born Chistmas day. Mother's name Holly Berryand father Kris Kringle

4 puppies 3 girls and 1 boy. Merry,Angle,Donder and rudloph.They were born Chistmas day. Mother's name Holly Berryand father Kris Kringle...
    General Dog Discussions : 6wk jack r potty trained trained to use doggy door?...

• 6wk jack r potty trained trained to use doggy door?

6wk jack r potty trained trained to use doggy door? General Dog Discussions
      4 puppies 3 girls and 1 boy. Merry,Angle,Donder and rudloph.They were born Chistmas day. Mother's name Holly Berryand father Kris Kringle

6wk jack r potty trained trained to use doggy door? General Dog Discussions
    • If you are asking if 6 week old puppies can be potty trained, then yes, they can, but they may have accidents since their little plumbing is not developed quite yet. You cannot expect perfection in such young pups!

• We have a 15 month old Jack Russell male that we bought from an Amish family when he was only 6 weeks old. At first he whined for his mother a lot and was a light eater, but as he grew and got used to us, his appetite picked up. Make sure you feed her a good grade of puppy food so that she gets all of her nutrition. Really good dog food will also produce less poop. Your vet can recommend a good one.He took longer to potty train than any dog I have been involved with training before, but in the end we did manage to get trained. I'd say he was at least 6 months old before he completely stopped having the occasional accident in the house, though he still has a tendency to sprinkle a little when he's very excited. (He is slowly improving on that too.) I think it was a combination of his young age and his natural stubborn streak. This is also the opinion of my vet, who used to breed JRTs. These are great dogs, but they are quite willful!