How should I prepare for a 12 week corgi?

I have $120 to spend on the puppy, I already have a food dish and name tag. I am planning on getting a body harness and a retract leash thingy. I don't have to pay for the dog, dog food, or the vet bill (wee!), but overall what should I be buying? I am…

I have $120 to spend on the puppy, I already have a food dish and name tag. I am planning on getting a body harness and a retract leash thingy. I don't have to pay for the dog, dog food, or the vet bill (wee!), but overall what should I be buying? I am…...
    General Dog Discussions : How should I prepare for a 12 week corgi?...

• How should I prepare for a 12 week corgi?

How should I prepare for a 12 week corgi? General Dog Discussions
      I have $120 to spend on the puppy, I already have a food dish and name tag. I am planning on getting a body harness and a retract leash thingy. I don't have to pay for the dog, dog food, or the vet bill (wee!), but overall what should I be buying? I am probably going to get a female, the one closest to the camera. http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/Suicidegirl13/Tara_Pups_5_weeks_001.jpg

How should I prepare for a 12 week corgi? General Dog Discussions
    • Crate for crate training. This is a great aid to housebreaking. Toys. One of the best things to get is a Puppy Kong great for when they are teething. A nylabone is another good chewie.

• A crate is one of the most invaluable tools a dog owner can purchase. It is a great aid in house breaking and will prevent a bored puppy from tearing your house apart. It is also a safe and secure place when they are home alone. The next best thing you can buy is a good breed book so you know what to expect from this dog. Even though they are small enough to be an apartment dog they are herding dogs which is energy and intelligence. Good luck!