Why would there be a difference between a male and female Rottweiler?

I have found a couple of reliable breeders and one charges more for males and less for females but most sell them for the same.why would some breeders have a difference

I have found a couple of reliable breeders and one charges more for males and less for females but most sell them for the same.why would some breeders have a difference...
    General Dog Discussions : Why would there be a difference between a male and female Rottweiler?...

• Why would there be a difference between a male and female Rottweiler?

Why would there be a difference between a male and female Rottweiler? General Dog Discussions
      I have found a couple of reliable breeders and one charges more for males and less for females but most sell them for the same.why would some breeders have a difference

Why would there be a difference between a male and female Rottweiler? General Dog Discussions
    • Supply and Demand. This breeder must sell the males much quicker than females.... which seems to be common for many of the guardian breeds.I agree with the posts below about bark yard breeders as well. You should do your research which will probably send you elsewhere.

• If both are being sold as Pet Quality it is only because they can get more money for the males because pet buyers find them more desirable. If it were me, I would consider these more back yard breeder than reliable and responsible and run the other way. A reliable, responsible breeder is more interested in finding quality homes and screening applicants than making a few extra bucks.

• Females--- willing to please, modivated, have more of a drive to learnMales---- companions, loyal, eager to make you proudI don't know much about rotties but when I was looking for a dog I noticed the same thing u did. I did research and found this. I have a girl dog now and she is an amazing companion so it's not 100 percent but I Gus's one is more so than others anoint her reason is supply and demand. Hope this helps :)

• Everybody seems a bit quick to jump on the BYB bandwagon today. We don't know the whole story. It is actually quite common for highly reputable breeders to sell female puppies for a little less, the reason being the spay/neuter clause in the sale contract. Spaying a female is more expensive than castrating a male, and many breeders reflect this in the price so that a) the eventual cost of owning either sex is the same, and/or b) the buyer does not have an excuse for failing to honor the spay/neuter clause.

• most reliable Rottie breeders (or any AKC breeder) know a great deal regarding the parents' history, or lineage, of the puppies they have for sale. depending upon this lineage is how the value of the puppies are determined. there are three categories that professional breeders use to grade their puppies that they are selling. (1) show quality; (2) breeding quality; and, most commonly, (3) family companion/pet. Rottie's are known for having large litters and so it may be possible for a litter to contain all three of the types i have mentioned but then again, maybe not. u just have to wait & see what comes out & how it develops. the breeder would be the person that would know the value of the puppies in the litter based upon their lineage & development. this would be why one breeder charges one price & another breeder charges another price. for my source i have used my life experiences with AKC Dog Shows & Rottweilers in particular. i have a cousin that used to raise Rotties & i picked up alot of what i know from him. also, i had a most beloved Rottie, named Bella, that i had to put down due to hip displasia last year. the medication the vet gave me for her hip problem was not working & i could not bear to listen to her whimper in pain. she was only 8 and 1/2 years old. everyone that she met changed their minds about Rotties - she had a truly captivating personality & charmed everyone that she met. i have a big picture of her now on my hutch, watching the animal planet.i hope that my contribution here has been helpful to u. enjoy ur new puppy!!!