What do I feed my dog that has quit eating all dog food?

I have always heard that scraps are bad for dogs. I have a beagle that is 13 years old. She refuses to eat all dog food. This probably sound silly that a beagle won't eat her dog food. I guess it comes with age. What foods is healthy and cheap to feed…

I have always heard that scraps are bad for dogs. I have a beagle that is 13 years old. She refuses to eat all dog food. This probably sound silly that a beagle won't eat her dog food. I guess it comes with age. What foods is healthy and cheap to feed…...
    General Dog Discussions : What do I feed my dog that has quit eating all dog food?...

• What do I feed my dog that has quit eating all dog food?

What do I feed my dog that has quit eating all dog food? General Dog Discussions
      I have always heard that scraps are bad for dogs. I have a beagle that is 13 years old. She refuses to eat all dog food. This probably sound silly that a beagle won't eat her dog food. I guess it comes with age. What foods is healthy and cheap to feed dogs. She would rather go to skin and bone than eat any dog food. She will eat dog biscuits which gets me to another question. What is in those dog biscuits that taste better than dog food. Should I buy a gigantic bag of dog biscuits instead. What scraps are healthy and cheap?

What do I feed my dog that has quit eating all dog food? General Dog Discussions
    • Well, beagles can be picky eaters.and theres nothing wrong with dog biscuits that a daily vitamin cant fix.There are no good scraps as far as dogs are concerned.A good home made dog food is cooked rice with lean meat,chicken lamb or beef, and mixed veggies all cooked together.,,Its good for humans too :o}I would suggest that you get the old gals teeth checked to make sure thats not part of the picky eating.