how old does a puppy have to be to wear a flea and tick collars?

I have 7 weeks old puppies and the are coverd in ticks!! The momma is too! is it okay to put a collar on them or her?

I have 7 weeks old puppies and the are coverd in ticks!! The momma is too! is it okay to put a collar on them or her?...
    General Dog Discussions : how old does a puppy have to be to wear a flea and tick collars?...

• how old does a puppy have to be to wear a flea and tick collars?

how old does a puppy have to be to wear a flea and tick collars? General Dog Discussions
      I have 7 weeks old puppies and the are coverd in ticks!! The momma is too! is it okay to put a collar on them or her?

how old does a puppy have to be to wear a flea and tick collars? General Dog Discussions
    • Flea and tick collars do not work. Talk to your vet about a topical treatment safe for that age and use that. Never use hartz or other in store preventatives only use vet aproved ones. You need to get the ticks off at 7 weeks old they should not be outside long enough to be covered in ticks and on top of carring deadly deseases ticks can quickly cause anemia and death in young puppies and mom is already loosing enough nutrients feeding and doesn't need to loose more to ticks. Get them a topical treatment and remove ticks asap.