What are the supplies needed for an 8 week old doberman puppy?

Never had a puppy before, only older dogs. But I convinced my dad into letting me have one. But what are the supllies needed for it? It's a female 8 week dobe that we're planning on getting, so we want to get all the supplies that we would need, crate?…

Never had a puppy before, only older dogs. But I convinced my dad into letting me have one. But what are the supllies needed for it? It's a female 8 week dobe that we're planning on getting, so we want to get all the supplies that we would need, crate?…...
    General Dog Discussions : What are the supplies needed for an 8 week old doberman puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the supplies needed for an 8 week old doberman puppy?

What are the supplies needed for an 8 week old doberman puppy? General Dog Discussions
      Never had a puppy before, only older dogs. But I convinced my dad into letting me have one. But what are the supllies needed for it? It's a female 8 week dobe that we're planning on getting, so we want to get all the supplies that we would need, crate? toys? brand of food? etc . And yes I have done my research into the breed, we have the time, money, space, and patience for a puppy. But I can't find an online list of what I need before the puppy gets here.

What are the supplies needed for an 8 week old doberman puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • I think that supplies would be similar for any dog but on food, you should follow the breeders preference. I suggest using the same brand of food that the breeder or owner of the dog has now. You can slowly get your dog to eat other food by mixing the two foods together a little at a time. Your dog with need a Crate(Wire crate) big enough for your puppy when she will be fully grown. As of now, block off all the excess space in the crate allowing the puppy enough room to get up, turn around, and lie down comfortably because your dog might sleep on one end and eliminate on the other. You will need a crate pad, but you can use some blankets.A collar or harness and a leash. ID tags are always beneficial and getting micro chipped is even more safe(but not necessary). Flee and tick supplies recommended by your vet. Food and water bowls Dobermans usually require very little grooming because they do not have undercoats so its your call on brushes but dental products are required. Ask your vet which products he/she recommends. Pick up bags and pet friendly cleaning products for any accidents. TOYS TOYS and more TOYS! Dobermans tend to be hyper breeds therefore lots of exercise and toys are a good way to keep them from being destructive, especially while teething. Sometimes toys that you can wet and then freeze work best for teething puppies because it soothes their gums. Training treats and toys are also recommended. Any more questions you should ask the breeder or your vet.