What puppy shampoo will get rid of ticks and flees?

I have this indoor chihuahuanamed max who likes to take naps and sleeps in my bed the problem is he now has to sleep in his crate cause he has flees and ticks which get on my blankets so i was wandering what affordable products that work and at an…

I have this indoor chihuahuanamed max who likes to take naps and sleeps in my bed the problem is he now has to sleep in his crate cause he has flees and ticks which get on my blankets so i was wandering what affordable products that work and at an…...
    General Dog Discussions : What puppy shampoo will get rid of ticks and flees?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What puppy shampoo will get rid of ticks and flees?

What puppy shampoo will get rid of ticks and flees? General Dog Discussions
      I have this indoor chihuahuanamed max who likes to take naps and sleeps in my bed the problem is he now has to sleep in his crate cause he has flees and ticks which get on my blankets so i was wandering what affordable products that work and at an affordable cost. thank you!!!!

What puppy shampoo will get rid of ticks and flees? General Dog Discussions
    • giving them a bath does help but to kill them you need frontline or something like that and they need it every month cause that kills the eggs and then they will stay offand treat your carpets togood luck

• I just took my new puppy to the vet last week and the vet discovered a flea. He gave me a months supply (one vile) of Advantage. I've had other dogs before and I tried the shampoos, dips, and other over the counter products before. Most of the over the counter products kill the adult fleas, but leave the eggs behind. I've used Advantage before and this product by far was the most effective. It's almost like a gel that you apply to their skin along their back. It also protects against mosquitos (if that's an issue). I would highly recommend taking him/her to a vet. They give out a lot of free samples too! Good luck

• Shampoos are not really effective in getting rid of fleas and ticks.Go to www.hyperdrug.co.uk. There is a product called Hyperdrug Flea & Tick Drops.They are much cheaper than Frontline. £7.95 for 6 phials, which will do a puppy 6 times as you only need one squirted between the shoulder blades. It is safe use them on puppies from the age of 2 weeks old.I started using this product a couple of years ago and am really pleased with the results. We live very near Heathland and my dogs used to be covered in ticks after their walk but I can honestly say I haven't seen a tick on them since I started using this product.Worth a try!

• First, how old is your puppy?I would get him on advantix, frontline or something very soon. Also, if you're planning on giving it a flea bath I would think twice. My vet told me that some dogs have died from using Hartz or Zodiac products, especially on small dogs. Go to your vet and they can give you better informatation.