my puppy is a 5 month old blue pitbull I notice he is not eating what can I do at home?

He is still responsive, plays but not a whole lot, he wont eat even when I try to offer him table food which I dont allow him to have anyway. I really love my dog and I wish somebody could help me. I don't have the extra money for a vet bill right now.…

my puppy is a 5 month old blue pitbull I notice he is not eating what can I do at home?

He is still responsive, plays but not a whole lot, he wont eat even when I try to offer him table food which I dont allow him to have anyway. I really love my dog and I wish somebody could help me. I don't have the extra money for a vet bill right now.…...
    General Dog Discussions : my puppy is a 5 month old blue pitbull I notice he is not eating what can I do at home?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• my puppy is a 5 month old blue pitbull I notice he is not eating what can I do at home?

my puppy is a 5 month old blue pitbull I notice he is not eating what can I do at home? General Dog Discussions
      He is still responsive, plays but not a whole lot, he wont eat even when I try to offer him table food which I dont allow him to have anyway. I really love my dog and I wish somebody could help me. I don't have the extra money for a vet bill right now. Please help me out.

my puppy is a 5 month old blue pitbull I notice he is not eating what can I do at home? General Dog Discussions
    • He needs to see a vet something could be seriously wrong. Call the vet there are a lot that will let you pay your bill off in instalments. Perhaps you should look into insurance for you dog as well in case something arises that you don't have the money to fix.Don't take this the wrong way I'm not trying to be critical of you, just honest as I see this all too often where I work. People love the idea of having a dog but don't understand it can be and expensive exercise and if you don't have the means for unforeseen vet bills then perhaps it's not the right time for you to be owning a dog.All the best.

• A lot of things could cause a dog to stop eating, some serious, but most are not so serious.Important things to check:Is he still drinking?Is he going to the bathroom?Is his temperature normal (101.5 F)?It won't hurt an otherwise healthy dog to miss a few meals. I got into a dispute with one of my dogs and she refused to eat for three days. She was fine. I don't recommend letting them skip meals as a habit, but once in a great while shouldn't hurt.If he's feeling crummy from an upset stomach, try giving him a bland diet. The easiest to make is to fry up some hamburger, then add rice and the appropriate amount of water to the hamburger and simmer until the rice is done. Make it about half burger and half cooked rice. You can make a big batch and refrigerate until needed. Simply reheat in the microwave to make it arromatic again.A bland meal is reasonably easy to digest. It's like macaroni and cheese when you feel bad. Just easy and comforting.However, he's not eating in the next day or so, if his condition worsens, or if he has any other symptoms, call your vet. You might not have to take him in. Most vets are willing to answer short questions over the phone. I wouldn't hesitate to call my own and ask if he has any suggestions on getting my dog to eat.If, when you talk to the vet, he really wants you to bring the dog in, ask if you can make payment arrangements. Many vets are quite understanding about this if you have been a good client.