What shots does my puppy need, and how much are they usually?

I just got a 6 month old maltipoo. She has not had any shots. What shots does she need immediately and which ones can wait a few weeks. How much are the shots usually, and if you live in Los Angeles, do you know if I can get them for free? Also, does she…

I just got a 6 month old maltipoo. She has not had any shots. What shots does she need immediately and which ones can wait a few weeks. How much are the shots usually, and if you live in Los Angeles, do you know if I can get them for free? Also, does she…...
    General Dog Discussions : What shots does my puppy need, and how much are they usually?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What shots does my puppy need, and how much are they usually?

What shots does my puppy need, and how much are they usually? General Dog Discussions
      I just got a 6 month old maltipoo. She has not had any shots. What shots does she need immediately and which ones can wait a few weeks. How much are the shots usually, and if you live in Los Angeles, do you know if I can get them for free? Also, does she NEED to be dewormed? Thanks

What shots does my puppy need, and how much are they usually? General Dog Discussions
    • you should take her to a vet to make sure she's ok for all the stuff she needs it might cost bout 70 i think...but if you try to do some investigating i bet you could find somewhere in LA that does like a free clinic once a month (i'm from Omaha though so idk) as for the kinds ik she'll need Rabies, and oh i can't member the others..u can pry look online for shots the puppy needs but ur best bet is going to the vet.

• Eddie...the first thing you should do is have her looked at by a veterinarian...her first check up -- to find out what her overall health condition is.Puppies usually start with a series of 3 booster vaccinations (about 3 weeks apart), starting at around 6 to 8 weeks old and ending around 16 weeks of age.However...your puppy is older now...so the series should start now. Vets usually won't give the rabies vaccination until the puppy is at lease 15 weeks of age...instead of waiting (as you would for younger pups), you can have that taken care of during her first set of boosters.You could ask your vet about low-cost clinics for vaccinations in your area -- they should be able to provide information on that -- even though they can do those in their office at a higher cost to you.Here in Orange County, CA, there is a low-cost agency that provides the series (3 sets) at about $40 - $50 plus rabies at about $7. They also offer spay and neuter at $40 and deworming, if needed, at about $8. That is the Golden State Humane Society in Garden Grove but they also have a location in Long Beach off of Artesia Blvd. (See source information below).Hope this information helps.