How long after you feel puppy movement does mother go into labor?

I got a dog from a friend of a friend for my children not knowing she was PREGNANT. She is healthy vet didnt give me a due date which I found odd. but I heard you can only feel movement a couple days before labor is this true?

I got a dog from a friend of a friend for my children not knowing she was PREGNANT. She is healthy vet didnt give me a due date which I found odd. but I heard you can only feel movement a couple days before labor is this true?...
    General Dog Discussions : How long after you feel puppy movement does mother go into labor?...

• How long after you feel puppy movement does mother go into labor?

How long after you feel puppy movement does mother go into labor? General Dog Discussions
      I got a dog from a friend of a friend for my children not knowing she was PREGNANT. She is healthy vet didnt give me a due date which I found odd. but I heard you can only feel movement a couple days before labor is this true?

How long after you feel puppy movement does mother go into labor? General Dog Discussions
    • Take her back to the vet and get a due date. They can tell via ultrasound or xray. There is no magic sign. You can only count the days from mating, which you obviously don't know. You need to know when she is due so that you can arrange for vacation time (at least 2 weeks and then part-time for 2 more weeks), get the supplies (be ready to drop about $500) and make sure your credit cards are cleared so if there are any medical emergencies you can pay for them. The smartest thing would be to spay her.