How do I know if my puppies ear is broke?

I have a German Sheperd puppy who is 10 weeks old. Her ears were standing up perfectly straight but now the one is bent down. Is it broke or will it fix itself? I think my adult sheperd may have played too rough with her.

I have a German Sheperd puppy who is 10 weeks old. Her ears were standing up perfectly straight but now the one is bent down. Is it broke or will it fix itself? I think my adult sheperd may have played too rough with her....
    General Dog Discussions : How do I know if my puppies ear is broke?...

• How do I know if my puppies ear is broke?

How do I know if my puppies ear is broke? General Dog Discussions
      I have a German Sheperd puppy who is 10 weeks old. Her ears were standing up perfectly straight but now the one is bent down. Is it broke or will it fix itself? I think my adult sheperd may have played too rough with her.

How do I know if my puppies ear is broke? General Dog Discussions
    • Sometimes the ears will go up and down at this age with breeds whose ears stand up naturally. If you want to know if the cartilage has been broken, you'll need to have your vet take a look at it. If it's broken, a splint may help it heal correctly. If the splint is not applied right, it could cause severe damage.

• Since this is a puppy that you think your grown shepherd played too rough with you need to take it to the vet-if the ear is damaged and you don't get vet care you can be legally charged or your parents can.Since this is a little puppy you need to treat her more gently and not allow a grown dog to play with her unless you are there to make sure not too rough.

• They do this sometimes when they are teething. It will probably stand back up. If not, a broken ear is not a big deal. There is just cartilage there not bone, and should not hurt the pup.

• Hello - you have a 10 week old puppy with a potential problem? Ever hear of a vet? How about a discount vet?Lots of dogs ears flop over, it may not be broken but just flopped over. Only a vet can answer your question, try one.

• some dogs do this thats why people take their dogs to the vet to get the ears cliped. the cut the outside edges and splint them to grow straight up. but even the it doesnt always work. my dane had one ear the stood up and one that didnt but still it was the coolest.