How can u tell if your puppy/dog is sick?

My dog is only 8 weeks old.Shes a Maltese and has been acting mixed emotions. first, she was "guarding her territory", then she started acting depressed, then she started to growl at people for no reason watsoever!For some reason, my dog is now happy.…

My dog is only 8 weeks old.Shes a Maltese and has been acting mixed emotions. first, she was "guarding her territory", then she started acting depressed, then she started to growl at people for no reason watsoever!For some reason, my dog is now happy.…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can u tell if your puppy/dog is sick?...

• How can u tell if your puppy/dog is sick?

How can u tell if your puppy/dog is sick? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is only 8 weeks old.Shes a Maltese and has been acting mixed emotions. first, she was "guarding her territory", then she started acting depressed, then she started to growl at people for no reason watsoever!For some reason, my dog is now happy. Why is this? It would be a great help if you gave some suggestions or sites I could go to!

How can u tell if your puppy/dog is sick? General Dog Discussions
    • When did you get her? She could just be a little uncomfortable in her new home, surroundings, and with her new family. It took my pup a good few days to really get comfortable and relaxed. Give her some time, then take her to the vet if you are still worried (you'll want to get her in for a check up soon anyway). Is she eating, drinking, peeing/pooing normally?You can encourage her to eat by hand-feeding her, or tossing a kibble at a time onto the floor for her to pick up. Make sure she knows not to be afraid of you or your family, everyone should speak to her with a soothing, soft voice. Does she have toys? See if she'll come and sit in your lap nicely, tell her she's a good girl, give her a treat and a little rub behind her ears or under her chin.Good luck! I'm sure she'll come around soon. But like I said, if you are still worried, have a vet check her out soon anyway and they can advise you further.

• seeing that her age is 8 weeks, im guessing u havent had her long, she scared and has new surroundings to get used to..give her space, let her get used to and familar with the new change, tell her no when she growls or does any other negative behavior. after a few days she should came around and start showing her "true colors". lol..playing and being active and getting into everything.