How do you socialize a dog that is scared f other dogs?

take it step by step .i still socialize my staffy still and hes is seven i talk to him when other dogs are near and it will take time if you go to the same park same dogs that what i do but i still watch .and my dog is a boy and he play with other boy…

take it step by step .i still socialize my staffy still and hes is seven i talk to him when other dogs are near and it will take time if you go to the same park same dogs that what i do but i still watch .and my dog is a boy and he play with other boy…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you socialize a dog that is scared f other dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you socialize a dog that is scared f other dogs?

How do you socialize a dog that is scared f other dogs? General Dog Discussions
      take it step by step .i still socialize my staffy still and hes is seven i talk to him when other dogs are near and it will take time if you go to the same park same dogs that what i do but i still watch .and my dog is a boy and he play with other boy dogs i always socialize him with dogs both sexes...............people have comment on him being nice keep doing what you are doing let her see them in the park and slowly and then .....well she only 9 months but remember not all dogs are nice

How do you socialize a dog that is scared f other dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Meet in a neutral place, don't bring more than 1 dog to meet with her at a time.. Allow them to smell one another while on leads and see how it goes from there. It's likely she'll pick up from the other dog if they are good around dogs, that there is nothing to worry about. Keep them on leads and walk and let them socialize and if things seem really good, absolutely no signs of aggression at all, then let the 9 month old dog off her lead, allowing her to move around and see that nothing is going to happen. If things are good, let the other dog off. Try to do this in a yard that is fenced, a smaller area so that if there is a problem you are right there so you can stop things immediately. If dogs are going to fight, they tend to run and fight and you would have one heck of a time trying to catch up.

• Do it slowly start by allowing contact with other slightly smaller dogs. Allow them to sniff, but make corrections for any aggressive behavior. This is fear not pure aggression. Keep getting her around other dogs. Take her to a dog show or a dog park force the visual introductions. Physical introduction should be done slowly. Take your time. Dont use toys or other devices to help use treats to help change attitudes. I have some great training tools on my website burdicklabradors.com helpful links page under training.

• dont introduce her to all of them at once. she will be too over whelmed. let her meet the calmest of your dogs first. that way she wont be afraid of one jumping all over the place. im sure your other dogs are bigger then her right now, so shes going to be a little intimidated, but just go slow and introduce her one pet at a time.

• We have a dog that is about 9 months old. she hasnt had much interaction with other dogs so we are trying to socialize her with my dogs which aregood with other dogs. What is the right way to introduce her to them? how can we help her trust other dogs?