11 wk old male puppy rottweiler humping on...?

this is kinda embarrising for me i have a 2yr old daughter and my rottweiler puppy was humping on her i was wondering what to do to avoid this again i take my daughter away but she thinks the puppy is just playing and pull him away but when im not…

this is kinda embarrising for me i have a 2yr old daughter and my rottweiler puppy was humping on her i was wondering what to do to avoid this again i take my daughter away but she thinks the puppy is just playing and pull him away but when im not…...
    General Dog Discussions : 11 wk old male puppy rottweiler humping on...?...

• 11 wk old male puppy rottweiler humping on...?

11 wk old male puppy rottweiler humping on...? General Dog Discussions
      this is kinda embarrising for me i have a 2yr old daughter and my rottweiler puppy was humping on her i was wondering what to do to avoid this again i take my daughter away but she thinks the puppy is just playing and pull him away but when im not looking he does it again isnt he to young for that? and he also pees to much can someone give me advice hes my first male puppy

11 wk old male puppy rottweiler humping on...? General Dog Discussions
    • Get him fixed , and regulate his water. Put him on a routine that works for you. This will help with the house training feed same time water same time, means business outside the same time as well. One of the easiest things to do when house breaking a dog is to not give them the opportunity to mess up. If they drink water they need to go out side in about 15-20 min.

• The dog is showing dominance and you must stop it. ETA: this is NOT a sex thing with a dog that young.Have the daughter, yes I know she is two, lead the dog around the house by a leash to teach him who is boss. And when he does that humping stuff, don't just whisk the kid away. Keep her there, but put the dog down gently rolled over on his back so he is in a submissive belly up pose. And keep him there 30 seconds while saying NO!I had an 80 pound Malinois (female) humping my 5 year old. Damn, it was fun to watch, but you can't let 'em do that. Dog must know child is "higher up" in the pack.

• you must take him away and put him by himself for a little bit everytime you catch him humping. he needs to understand that he is going to be punished by being removed from the area when he has this bad behavior. 11 weeks old is still young and puppies have small bladders you might not be taking him out enough

• Your puppy is still young, and that is completely normal. You do want to get him neutered, but not until he is 16 weeks old. Some vets will do it when they're younger but I feel 16 weeks is young enough. This will definitely help with the humping, not because it is a sextual thing, but because it is a dominance issue that leads back to testosterone. You need to teach your puppy that he is not the boss. You do this by gently pulling him off her and telling him no. Teach your daughter how to do this as well. Tell her when he does that, he's beeing a "bad boy" and teacher her to -gently- push him away. You can also minimize this behavior if you practice other forms of dominance with him. Example: when you're brushing him, have him lay down and gently roll him on his back and brish his tummy. This relaxes the dog and lets him know you're in charge. As for the peeing, puppies pee very frequently. Do NOT take his water away. He should have fresh water available to him at all times. Make sure you take him out more often and praise him when he goes outside. If your concerned with the amount he is peeing, take him to your vet just to make sure there aren't any medical issues. But as a general rule, puppies that young tend to pee pretty frequently. Good Luck and let me know how it goes!