Will neutered / spayed dogs still hump?

I'm going to get a husky and i know they are pretty big and i dont want a huge dog humping me whenever its in the mood so i just want to know if a neutered/spayed dog will hump?Also- What age should you neuter / spay your dog

I'm going to get a husky and i know they are pretty big and i dont want a huge dog humping me whenever its in the mood so i just want to know if a neutered/spayed dog will hump?Also- What age should you neuter / spay your dog...
    General Dog Discussions : Will neutered / spayed dogs still hump?...

• Will neutered / spayed dogs still hump?

Will neutered / spayed dogs still hump? General Dog Discussions
      I'm going to get a husky and i know they are pretty big and i dont want a huge dog humping me whenever its in the mood so i just want to know if a neutered/spayed dog will hump?Also- What age should you neuter / spay your dog

Will neutered / spayed dogs still hump? General Dog Discussions
    • Animals mount to show dominance, so he very well could mount you before/after he was neutered.I'm not sure when you should get your dog neutered, sorry. It's best to ask your vet because they can give you a more accurate time as to when you should get him neutered. It differs from breeds and sizes, so they would know best.

• You should neuter or spay your dog as soon as possible(usually about 5-6 months old) that way they will not learn any aggressive behaviors, and a female will most likely not go into her first heat. and most dogs still hump after they are neutered or spayed. males will do it because...well, boys will be boys. and both males and females will hump as a sign of dominance. it's great that you want to get your dog neutered or spayed to prevent unwanted dogs! and if you get a make and still want him to have his "male parts" you can check out this website:www.neuticles.combest of luck!

• humping is a sign of dominance ... some dogs will do it more than others ... but it is a behaviour you train the dog not to do ... the first time my puppy tried to hump something i was very firm, loud no, and stopped the behaviour ... he does not hump anything ... i think most people spay/neuter around six months but you can check with your vet about the timing for the type of dog you get ... with male dogs (not so much with female dogs) if you want neutering to affect the dog's behaviour, it should be done at the beginning of sexual maturity (around six months) so the testosterone does not have a chance to take over ...

• You should spay/neuter at maybe around four months old, but the vets might tell you otherwise, depending on dog size. Girls don't normally hump, but boys do. My boy dog humped his toy a couple of times before he was fixed and then just completely stopped after. I don't think your dog would hump if you fixed them, but the urge is always inside them ( for a boy dog). But no, not really ever, but there is always the small chance.By the way, I've ALWAYS loved huskeys, but tooo big for my house. :) Best of luck.

• while it also depends on his temperament and genetics how much hormone he has, neutering/spaying will indeed help with this problem.. an unneurtered dog will hump much more than a neutered dog will. I have owned both and if getting a male I would opt to neuter early. Females and males hump as a sign of dominance in certain circumstances, but if he never gets a chance to make that behavior a habit, you have a good chance of him not reverting to it in those dominance situations.... good luck, and thanks for caring about neutering. the longer you wait to spay neuter, the more the behavior can be ingrained in the dogs habits.

• They should both be neutered or spayed before puberty. They will sometimes still get the urge tho, so no harm done, usually they have a favorite stuffed toy or something like that. It's hormonal....if a little dog is the only dog in the house and sometimes humps his lavendar colored bear ONLY, how in the world does that show dominance. Stupid. It is hormonal....nothing else.A male needs to be neutered before he learns to hike his leg, if he is done early enough he will squat like a girl forever. If not, he will still hike to pee.

• The answer is YES. Dogs hump for more than just the usual reason.Considering that you know so little about dogs, you should pause to consider whether or not you are ready to handle a very large, often very dominant dog breed, especially a male. This is NOT the easiest and most convenient dog to own, and is definitely not recommended for a "beginner."That's the reason so many of them wind up in shelters, where very often they are put to sleep.You need to do some real research on dogs and the various breed characteristics, and should probably start with an easier breed to handle.

• Yes . Humping behavior is not always sexual behavior, often it is simply a release from an over-stimulated puppy or adult dog. It's a behavior you can stop like any other unwanted dog behavior.At what age to spay and neuter is a controversial question. Lately, researchers are suggesting it's best to wait until a male has it's full growth, and a female has her first heat. Here are two articles that might help you get a definitive and correct answer to your question, from professionals.http://www.associationofanimalbehaviorprofessionals.com/effects_of_neutering.html (this talks about spaying also)http://www.caninesports.com/SpayNeuter.html (Dr. Zink is a sports veterinarian)

• I have two huskies and they are very hyper dogs. They need company and do best with other dogs. They are not gaurd dogs so do not expect them to bark. They love people and are friendly with everyone. I have a male and a female and the male is an escape artist. He has escaped 5 times from my house that has 7 foot tall rod iron fencing all the way around. Please make sure you have a secure backyard and get it microchipped. Also a collar with tags is a good idea. Because they are so friendly it is likely that if they get out and someone finds them they will want to keep them. They are very well behaved if you give them enough attention. They love to run and are very independent. They are not the type of dog that will follow you around and obey every command. That's why they need to be on leashes. I know that's a little off topic but I've had huskies for a while and want to make sure people know what they're getting into before getting one because they look cool. Now for the spaying/neutering I would suggest waiting until they are at least a year. They do not fully devolp if they are spayed/neutered before maturity. If you are looking for a more docile dog I would choose a male in this case. I've been around many huskies and in general the males are calmer. But yes they will still hump. It is a sign of dominance. Huskies are a high maintanince breed and need lots of attention and company.