How can I stop my fur-kid from having diarrhea?

I have a low to no content wolf hybrid he has had the runs since the day I got him. I feed him twice a day about 3 cups a day of EVO dog food as the breeder instructed me. I have tried plain pumpkin and it is not working. I gave him peptobismol and it…

I have a low to no content wolf hybrid he has had the runs since the day I got him. I feed him twice a day about 3 cups a day of EVO dog food as the breeder instructed me. I have tried plain pumpkin and it is not working. I gave him peptobismol and it…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I stop my fur-kid from having diarrhea?...

• How can I stop my fur-kid from having diarrhea?

How can I stop my fur-kid from having diarrhea? General Dog Discussions
      I have a low to no content wolf hybrid he has had the runs since the day I got him. I feed him twice a day about 3 cups a day of EVO dog food as the breeder instructed me. I have tried plain pumpkin and it is not working. I gave him peptobismol and it helped but only temporarily. I'd rather find a more holistic solution or just get him better all together. He is eight weeks old today, he is eating normally and drinking plenty of fluid and is very active I don't think he feels sick at all. He also does not have a fever and I dewormed him Thursday that seemed to help a little but his stool is still a bit runny. he is current on his shots and I'm still deciding on a vet I'm a very picky mom... Is there anything I can do holistically?

How can I stop my fur-kid from having diarrhea? General Dog Discussions
    • Decide on a vet and get an exam. In the meantime, look for a lower protein food. High protein foods can cause the runs in some dogs. One of my dogs could not tolerate them and I switched to a higher fiber, lower fat and lower protein food (California Natural reduced calorie version) and the problem went away. EVO is very high protein and it just didn't agree with my dog.

• You need to get him to the vet now. Diarrhea could be a symptom of something else. No one said what ever vet you take him to now is the one he has to go to for the rest of his life. I took my dogs to 3 different vets before I decided that I liked #3. Use this as an opportunity to test drive the vet that is most convenient to you but get your puppy to the vet now. Diarrhea in an 8 week old puppy can be very dangerous. And while you're there, go ahead and schedule your neuter surgery. You don't want testosterone hitting his system.