What are nonprescription antibiotic ointments for small pets?

The first vet prescribed TriOptic-P for an injured gerbil. The next one (different gerbil) prescribed NeoMycin and Polymyxin for the bite. I'd like to find a non-prescription ointment that works the same. Both are meant for something completely…

The first vet prescribed TriOptic-P for an injured gerbil. The next one (different gerbil) prescribed NeoMycin and Polymyxin for the bite. I'd like to find a non-prescription ointment that works the same. Both are meant for something completely…...
    General Dog Discussions : What are nonprescription antibiotic ointments for small pets?...

• What are nonprescription antibiotic ointments for small pets?

What are nonprescription antibiotic ointments for small pets? General Dog Discussions
      The first vet prescribed TriOptic-P for an injured gerbil. The next one (different gerbil) prescribed NeoMycin and Polymyxin for the bite. I'd like to find a non-prescription ointment that works the same. Both are meant for something completely different but used as an antibiotic ointments for small animals.

What are nonprescription antibiotic ointments for small pets? General Dog Discussions
    • Pet stores such as Petco or Petsmart don't usually sell ointments for small animals in their stores. They will sell syringes, newborn puppy/kitten formulas and Quick Stop products, but that's about it. For small animals, the closest thing I've seen to an ointment, would be vitamins for guinea pigs.Your veterinarian is really the only person who can provide you with the right ointments for your rodents. It's the veterinarian's job to sell the ointments, not the chain stores, as these products could be miss-used if given to anyone to buy.I know this probably doesn't answer your question as well as you hoped, but it's the best I could do. Talk to your veterinarian about the ointments if you have further questions. They'll be more than happy to answer any you have.