How do I switch my dog from people food to dog food?

slowyly but surely, on the first day just a couple of doggy 'kibbles' mixed in with the people food, then the next day a couple more kibbles and a little less people food, etc, it will take a while but its better than never weaning him off people food.

slowyly but surely, on the first day just a couple of doggy 'kibbles' mixed in with the people food, then the next day a couple more kibbles and a little less people food, etc, it will take a while but its better than never weaning him off people food....
    General Dog Discussions : How do I switch my dog from people food to dog food?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I switch my dog from people food to dog food?

How do I switch my dog from people food to dog food? General Dog Discussions
      slowyly but surely, on the first day just a couple of doggy 'kibbles' mixed in with the people food, then the next day a couple more kibbles and a little less people food, etc, it will take a while but its better than never weaning him off people food.

How do I switch my dog from people food to dog food? General Dog Discussions
    • What "people" food have you been feeding him?I can understand why your dog doesnt want to eat "insta-meal". Try a raw diet instead. Here are some resources to help you out. www.rawfed.com/myths, www.rawmeatybones.com, www.rawlearning.com, and www.bigdogsporch.comA raw diet is typically cheaper than any food that comes out of a bag.

• There are a lot of ways. Mix people food into the dog food. They have a type of dog food that looks like it could be people food. It costs a lil more, but you could get that. There is also canned dog food, and that is basically cunks of meat. They come in a lot of different types of meat. I mix that in with the hard dog food an give it to my dog since she is picky.As long as yours dog does not starve.

• Well for one you have done the ultimate wrong thing to ever do.. You not put a Dog on a People Food Diet that's outrageous.. Theres a reason why they make dog food to feed your dog it.. This is your fault talk to the vet and see what they would suggest.. I wouldnt be suprised if his health is a risk because of what you have been feeding him

• My dog has been eating people for a little under a year. When I tried to switch him to dog food, he puked after about 5 pieces. The next day it was the same after about 10 pieces.