I have a siberian husky that just had a litter of puppies one day ago?

and i was just wondering how long should you wait before you pick them up and handle them? Also should you take them to the vet before 6 weeks or at 6 weeks?

and i was just wondering how long should you wait before you pick them up and handle them? Also should you take them to the vet before 6 weeks or at 6 weeks?...
    General Dog Discussions : I have a siberian husky that just had a litter of puppies one day ago?...

• I have a siberian husky that just had a litter of puppies one day ago?

I have a siberian husky that just had a litter of puppies one day ago? General Dog Discussions
      and i was just wondering how long should you wait before you pick them up and handle them? Also should you take them to the vet before 6 weeks or at 6 weeks?

I have a siberian husky that just had a litter of puppies one day ago? General Dog Discussions
    • hello,it's just fine if you pick the puppies up for as long as you handle them with extra care...also try to call your vet and ask for further assistance on what to do.....you may also find this link very useful, http://www.peteducation.com/category.cfm?c=2+1659+1651best of luck :)

• I handled my dog's pups from the minute they were out of her body. You should at the very least be handling them enogh to weigh them every day to make sure they are getting enough to eat. mom should be seen by the vet within 48 hours. Some vets will want to inspect th epups as well, but some won't have you bring them in unless you have questions/problems. You will need to get wormer for them so you can start worming them at 2 weeks.