Does anyone have the PETSMART OPTIMUM Wellness Plan or heard of it?

I have a 14 week female puggle that I just got. She needs her vaccinations and I will take her to the vet this week. I heard PETSMART is affiliated with this hospital called Bansfield and they have an optimum wellness plan where all the office…

I have a 14 week female puggle that I just got. She needs her vaccinations and I will take her to the vet this week. I heard PETSMART is affiliated with this hospital called Bansfield and they have an optimum wellness plan where all the office…...
    General Dog Discussions : Does anyone have the PETSMART OPTIMUM Wellness Plan or heard of it?...

• Does anyone have the PETSMART OPTIMUM Wellness Plan or heard of it?

Does anyone have the PETSMART OPTIMUM Wellness Plan or heard of it? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 14 week female puggle that I just got. She needs her vaccinations and I will take her to the vet this week. I heard PETSMART is affiliated with this hospital called Bansfield and they have an optimum wellness plan where all the office visits/vaccinations are covered. Does anyone have any idea on how this plan is? Is it worth getting it so I can save money? How much do you think I will pay monthly? Are the doctors reliable?

Does anyone have the PETSMART OPTIMUM Wellness Plan or heard of it? General Dog Discussions
    • Hi! I volunteer at my local Banfields and I can honestly say you SHOULD go on a wellness plan. The doctors are reliable, but you wont have the same one every visit unless you request them. Generally thats not an issue because we take VERY detailed notes on every single patient and owner--and if the doctor you first saw is available they usually see you anyway! There are a bunch of different plans, but the two for puppies are the Primary and the Basic. The Primary covers every office visit, all vaccinations, examinations by the doctor, heart worm test, fecal exams to look for intestinal parasites, ear swabs-to look for mites, yeast, and bacteria, the basic dewormer which covers the two most common type of worms, and an unlimitated number of interstate health certificates whenever you need one. You also get 5% discount off of anything else you buy from Banfields! The Basic covers the same thing plus neutering/spaying and you get a 10% discount. It isnt much per month, I believe Priamary is less then $20 and month and the Basic is less then $30.EDIT: Keep in mind that that Wellness Plans are NOT insurance. A lot of people get confused about that, its morely a sort of payment plan for the things you are getting: although you can also pay the yearly balance up front