I dont think my puppy is getting enough food?

We have a 3 month old Shepherd/huskie. I feed her 3-4 cups of food a day, some in the morning then some at night. The bag recomends 3 cups for her weight a day. She eats it up so quick and still acts hungry. I feel bad if shes hungry but I don't want to…

We have a 3 month old Shepherd/huskie. I feed her 3-4 cups of food a day, some in the morning then some at night. The bag recomends 3 cups for her weight a day. She eats it up so quick and still acts hungry. I feel bad if shes hungry but I don't want to…...
    General Dog Discussions : I dont think my puppy is getting enough food?...

• I dont think my puppy is getting enough food?

I dont think my puppy is getting enough food? General Dog Discussions
      We have a 3 month old Shepherd/huskie. I feed her 3-4 cups of food a day, some in the morning then some at night. The bag recomends 3 cups for her weight a day. She eats it up so quick and still acts hungry. I feel bad if shes hungry but I don't want to over feed her. Are the bag recomendations reliable? Thanks.

I dont think my puppy is getting enough food? General Dog Discussions
    • Ask your vet next time you go. IN the meantime, dogs always act hungry. I feed mine at 5:00 every day, one bowl a day(they(I have 4) eat it threw out the evening, and usually finish it in the morning usually). but the second it empties, they immediately start acting hungry. Just make sure your dog isn't real skinny, and you will be fine.

• The amount specified on the bag of food means that is what is necessary to provide the amount of nutrients the bag says it contains.Keep an eye on your dogs "waistline" so you always see an indentation where a waistline should be.The amount of food should be divided into two feedings, 12 hours apart. You must be using a food with lots of fillers as 3 to 4 cups daily is a pretty large amount for a 3 month old pup.A healthy dog with a good appetite is going to make you think they are starving to death. Don't fall for it......lol