Yesterday I got my puppy fixed, the vet didn't say she needed to be confined?

Can i give her a benadryl to chill her out a little bit? she's super hyper and i dont want anything to go wrong. she also has demodex mange so she is itching a lot and i feel like it would help her.

Can i give her a benadryl to chill her out a little bit? she's super hyper and i dont want anything to go wrong. she also has demodex mange so she is itching a lot and i feel like it would help her....
    General Dog Discussions : Yesterday I got my puppy fixed, the vet didn't say she needed to be confined?...

• Yesterday I got my puppy fixed, the vet didn't say she needed to be confined?

Yesterday I got my puppy fixed, the vet didn't say she needed to be confined? General Dog Discussions
      Can i give her a benadryl to chill her out a little bit? she's super hyper and i dont want anything to go wrong. she also has demodex mange so she is itching a lot and i feel like it would help her.

Yesterday I got my puppy fixed, the vet didn't say she needed to be confined? General Dog Discussions
    • I wouldn't give benadryl. Call the vet and ask what they suggest for the demodex. As for keeping her confined get a baby gate or crate. And when you let her out to potty take her out on a leash. Keep her calm and do tricks (sit, down, stay) to get her mind tired.

• Check with the vet before giving your pup benadryl. (better safe than sorry!) As long as your puppy is not going up and down stairs, wrestling with other dogs and activities that could rip the stitches, your dog should be fine :) and like the above person said baby gates are a good idea! especially for stairs and curious dogs.