What does it mean if a dog gets really close to another dogs face?

Usually, aggression is used to describe dogs that overact to a stimuli (e.g. another dog, a stranger, food).It can mean anything from staring, jumping, showing teeth, lunging, growling, barking, or biting.What constitutes extreme behavior varies from…

Usually, aggression is used to describe dogs that overact to a stimuli (e.g. another dog, a stranger, food).It can mean anything from staring, jumping, showing teeth, lunging, growling, barking, or biting.What constitutes extreme behavior varies from…...
    General Dog Discussions : What does it mean if a dog gets really close to another dogs face?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What does it mean if a dog gets really close to another dogs face?

What does it mean if a dog gets really close to another dogs face? General Dog Discussions
      Usually, aggression is used to describe dogs that overact to a stimuli (e.g. another dog, a stranger, food).It can mean anything from staring, jumping, showing teeth, lunging, growling, barking, or biting.What constitutes extreme behavior varies from person to person, and is dependent on context. Mouthing and showing teeth in one context may just be play, while in another, it may be dangerous.A problem only arises when the human/owner is not in control of the situation.If your dog is biting you and causing puncture wounds, it is best to seek help from a professional dog trainer. the other dog was likely wanting the ball and he was showing he was boss because he was bigger than your dog. the the ridge back was showing dominance and your puppy is only small and wants to play. it happens all the time with my dog he has small dog syndrome and goes up to big dogs and starts fights. if your dog isn't usually aggressive just but him on a leash (not one that stretches out to far) so when you see another dog wrap the leash around your hand and hold it tight and bring him closer to you if the other dog is showing signs of aggression then pick up your dog and walk away calmly before it gets out of hand. u should do this for awhile and slowly let go of the leash with your dog still attached and let him walk around and grab it if you see another dog then when you feel confident you can let him off the leash completely and put him on when you see another dog. but dont stop him from socializing with other dogs just take him away when things start looking aggressive

What does it mean if a dog gets really close to another dogs face? General Dog Discussions
    • I recommend purchasing some of Cesar Millan's books or DVDs. If your dog has energy left to play, he hasn't been exercised enough. You need to increase his exercise. It's very important you only allow the right type of play when your dog is in a pack setting. I have a very playful, very high energy Afghan Hound.EDIT: My boy gets along well with other dogs. But, he is very annoying when he is playing. He bugs the heck out of other dogs! More than a couple dogs have let him know that they don't like what he does. The problem is that he never knows when to stop. Even after his walks he has energy! So, I do let him play with other dogs.

• I was at the dog park with my Jack Russel(2 weeks of owning him). Everything was fine, he got along with the many other dogs, so as far as I can tell he is not aggressive to other dogs. Toby (My dog) was holding a ball in his mouth when another dog (I think Ridgeback) came over and got really close to his face and starting growling. Then Toby started attacking the dog that came up to him. Both dogs were not harmed and we left after that.