Will this mean that a toy dog will be named best in show at Westminster tonight?

A friend who is in the dog-grooming business claimed that judges are partial to the type of dogs they breed or work with. I heard that the best-in-show judge for tonight breeds or works with toy dogs.

Will this mean that a toy dog will be named best in show at Westminster tonight?

A friend who is in the dog-grooming business claimed that judges are partial to the type of dogs they breed or work with. I heard that the best-in-show judge for tonight breeds or works with toy dogs....
    General Dog Discussions : Will this mean that a toy dog will be named best in show at Westminster tonight?...

• Will this mean that a toy dog will be named best in show at Westminster tonight?

Will this mean that a toy dog will be named best in show at Westminster tonight? General Dog Discussions
      A friend who is in the dog-grooming business claimed that judges are partial to the type of dogs they breed or work with. I heard that the best-in-show judge for tonight breeds or works with toy dogs.

Will this mean that a toy dog will be named best in show at Westminster tonight? General Dog Discussions
    • Not necassarily. It usually makes them more critical of the breed of their choice that is entered. I would love to see a chihuahua win but I doubt seriously it will happen. Judges are not kind to the chihuahuas.

• You would think it to be that way, but really they shouldn't ;) And no, it doesn't necessarily mean that at all.The BIS judge last year was partial to Dobermans, part of the working class... but he chose a Beagle. =)

• Not unless the judge absolutely feels that the toy is the best dog out of the group line up. Best in Show judges have to be able to judge each "group" of dogs on their own standards and most judges have owned and showed many different breeds over the years of their judging and showing.