What is the average hourly rate for a vet assitant or vet nurse?

I have a bachelors of science in molecular biology, a biotechnology certification, medical experience, etc.I do no have a vet tech degee. I am well educated in the human field, not yet the animal field. lol.I am looking to apply to banfield and some…

I have a bachelors of science in molecular biology, a biotechnology certification, medical experience, etc.I do no have a vet tech degee. I am well educated in the human field, not yet the animal field. lol.I am looking to apply to banfield and some…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the average hourly rate for a vet assitant or vet nurse?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the average hourly rate for a vet assitant or vet nurse?

What is the average hourly rate for a vet assitant or vet nurse? General Dog Discussions
      I have a bachelors of science in molecular biology, a biotechnology certification, medical experience, etc.I do no have a vet tech degee. I am well educated in the human field, not yet the animal field. lol.I am looking to apply to banfield and some local vet offices. Can I be a vet tech?What responsibilities can I take on? What can I expect to do? Take temps, give meds, restrain animals, do fecal exams? Or are those vet duties?

What is the average hourly rate for a vet assitant or vet nurse? General Dog Discussions
    • I am not sure but relative to your education, it would be on the low side. I think a typical veterinary technician makes about $18.00 an hour depending on location. If you still want to be one I would guess that you would be able to skip many of the course requirements since you have no doubt taken most of them. Sorry this isn't more informative. Perhaps you could post another q. There are veterinary technicians who are regular contributors here. it is a matter of when they are on to see your post. Try the dog section also.