how long does clipper burn last on a dog?

My dog got groomed yesterday and has been trying to itch her butt since we got home. I looked on her belly near her butt and noticed that the groomer had shaved really close to the skin and it is pink and irritated. What can I do to treat it? How long…

My dog got groomed yesterday and has been trying to itch her butt since we got home. I looked on her belly near her butt and noticed that the groomer had shaved really close to the skin and it is pink and irritated. What can I do to treat it? How long…...
    General Dog Discussions : how long does clipper burn last on a dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how long does clipper burn last on a dog?

how long does clipper burn last on a dog? General Dog Discussions
      My dog got groomed yesterday and has been trying to itch her butt since we got home. I looked on her belly near her butt and noticed that the groomer had shaved really close to the skin and it is pink and irritated. What can I do to treat it? How long will it last? Thanks!

how long does clipper burn last on a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • This happened to my Pomeranian when she went in to be spayed.They burned her so badly with the clippers. The only way she could get comfortable was to lay on her back.She had to be on pain medication for five days for the burn-which the vet supplied at no charge since they caused it.Take your dog to the vet, and then present the bill to the groomer.Call the groomer ahead of time,let them know what they did to your dog and that they will be getting a vet bill, I would follow that up with a fax/letter/e mail.

• You could put a little neosporin on it or even A & D Ointment. Please don't let her lick the area tho. You may have to put a cone on her.Sometimes it's not just being shaved close to the skin, but a shampoo that's used. Sometimes they miss rinsing a spot thoroughly. If you have a good dog oatmeal shampoo, you might actually try that first and rinse, rinse, rinse! Then the ointment and cone.Then have a good talk with the groomer. Accidents do happen, even to good groomers, but you certainly should not expect this to happen again!

• It should clear up within a couple of days, but I'd call the groomer and tell her what happened.There is a clipper spray that we groomers use to cool down the clippers, but evidently yours got a little careless, and the owner of the grooming parlor should definitely be notified.You could put a little neosporin on it, but I sure wouldn't bother with a vet bill.