How can I stop my husky from going for my other dog's neck?

I recently moved back in with my mom, and found out she has a problem. She has three dogs, a seven year old Maltese-poodle mix (Stitch), a three year old Chihuahua-Maltese (Lilo), and a five month old husky (Ezzie). Needless to say, the husky is quite a…

I recently moved back in with my mom, and found out she has a problem. She has three dogs, a seven year old Maltese-poodle mix (Stitch), a three year old Chihuahua-Maltese (Lilo), and a five month old husky (Ezzie). Needless to say, the husky is quite a…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I stop my husky from going for my other dog's neck?...

• How can I stop my husky from going for my other dog's neck?

How can I stop my husky from going for my other dog's neck? General Dog Discussions
      I recently moved back in with my mom, and found out she has a problem. She has three dogs, a seven year old Maltese-poodle mix (Stitch), a three year old Chihuahua-Maltese (Lilo), and a five month old husky (Ezzie). Needless to say, the husky is quite a bit bigger than the other two. Lilo is terrified of Ezzie, but Stitch plays with her. The problem is, Ezzie is at least three times Stitch's size, and plays with her like she's a bigger dog. She goes for her neck, which I know dogs do, but the vet warned us to keep an eye on it, because she could snap Stitch's neck if she got too rough. Around midnight, mom went to bed and I was in the bathroom. I came out to hear Stitch yelp in pain and ran over to the couch to see Ezzie trying to play with her and Stitch making very weird noises, as if she was having trouble breathing. I wasn't exactly thinking, scooped her up while Ez jumped around my legs and ankles trying to get to her. I bolted for my mom's room, screaming for her. I got in, pushed Ez out, and put Stitch on the bed. The noises had all but stopped at this point, and after we decided she would be fine, I left her in mom's room with her and closed the door. I know the puppy doesn't want to hurt the other two, but at the same time, she's so much bigger, we can't allow that kind of behavior to continue due to the threat it poses for the two mini dogs. Does anyone have any idea how we can get her to stop it? I need this to stop before it's too late and we have to put Lilo or Stitch in the ground.Just a note, we don't usually leave them alone. When we leave the house, we put Ezzie in her crate, and if we're busy in the other room doing something, we put her outside in the fenced-in area of the yard. Something like this, where they're all lose and alone even for a few minutes, is very rare. I'm usually in the kitchen at night and will look over if I hear them playing. I can get there in three seconds if I see anything I don't like happening. When she goes for Stitch's neck and we catch it, we'll tell her "No," and either spray her in the face with a water bottle or bonk her on the nose. Not hard, mind you. It's a flick from the fingers, not even from the wrist. But then, we DO have moments when they're alone, like when one is in bed or home alone and we have to go to the bathroom, or if a neighbor kid falls off their bike and we run out to see if they're okay. It's rare they're alone, but it DOES happen.

How can I stop my husky from going for my other dog's neck? General Dog Discussions
    • ive always had multiple dogs. and no matter what.. I swear .. never trust animals alone with each other. don't punish them either because its normal. just watch them and either keep it on a leash or make it obey you with a lie down. separate them at night. don't let the other dog boss your dog around or retaliate. owners own their own dog. so sad, maybe they just cant be play friends..