How do I get rid of the smell of dog poo on my dog?

If he stinks of poo then that means there are microscopic particles of poo in his/her fur. Think of yourself. If this was you, wouldnt you wash? Give him a bath in your bath tub. Just think all those particle on his fur is getting on the carpet and…

If he stinks of poo then that means there are microscopic particles of poo in his/her fur. Think of yourself. If this was you, wouldnt you wash? Give him a bath in your bath tub. Just think all those particle on his fur is getting on the carpet and…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I get rid of the smell of dog poo on my dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I get rid of the smell of dog poo on my dog?

How do I get rid of the smell of dog poo on my dog? General Dog Discussions
      If he stinks of poo then that means there are microscopic particles of poo in his/her fur. Think of yourself. If this was you, wouldnt you wash? Give him a bath in your bath tub. Just think all those particle on his fur is getting on the carpet and everywhere he lays. If you have a dog, you must take care of him, and not only when it is convenient for you. Owning a dog is not always glamorous. There are not always short cuts you can take. Put on some old clothes and give him a bath. IF he has any parasites or parasite eggs in the poo you can get them and other people in the house, not to mention other animals. You would not want to end up in the doctors office explaining how you got parasites (worms) when all can be avoided by a simple 30 minute (if that) bath.

How do I get rid of the smell of dog poo on my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • oops - cedar spray is for the bed, it will cause skin irritation on the dog... You can wet a rag with Simple Solution, wipe the dog with it, then rinse the rag and wipe again to remove the Simple Solution Smell...it'll be good enough for now, but I do hope there's a bath in the future - if you're waiting for shampoo, you can safely use Dawn if you got it.

• Um, no offense, but why not a bath?? That seems to be the most logical answer! The only other option would be to shave your dog, which I DO NOT recommend!!! If your dog is dirty, give it a bath!