Will a dog cry if it broke its nose,what are symtoms that there in pain?

Am guessing the nose is mostly tissue but theres some bones.my dog ran into a clears sliding door nose and jaw first.does itt really hurt dogs as it hurts us to brake nose.will she be fine?

Am guessing the nose is mostly tissue but theres some bones.my dog ran into a clears sliding door nose and jaw first.does itt really hurt dogs as it hurts us to brake nose.will she be fine?...
    General Dog Discussions : Will a dog cry if it broke its nose,what are symtoms that there in pain?...

• Will a dog cry if it broke its nose,what are symtoms that there in pain?

Will a dog cry if it broke its nose,what are symtoms that there in pain? General Dog Discussions
      Am guessing the nose is mostly tissue but theres some bones.my dog ran into a clears sliding door nose and jaw first.does itt really hurt dogs as it hurts us to brake nose.will she be fine?

Will a dog cry if it broke its nose,what are symtoms that there in pain? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes - there would be a lot of pain and BLOOD. To do its' job - the nose has a very good blood supply. Also think of what is below the nose -- your dog's jaw, teeth and tongue. Obviously, the dog did not cut its' tongue as you would have know right away. But it could have cracked it's jaw; it would be very sore and not want to eat. Also, painful but less so - your dog could have cracked a tooth (like a slab fracture). This might take a few days to get infected and then it will really affect your dog. My dog just had a tooth pulled and it's symptoms seemed really odd to me. I knew it was sick but never thought it was a bad tooth. First - it was very lethargic & didn't want to get out of bed. And it felt very hot to the touch (and we learned it did have a fever once we got to the vet's). No appetite at all for food or water. Did not show any signs of pain when examined. So - the vet said my dog was showing classic signals for infection (fever, lethargy, no appetite but no painful spots). I guess that usually means some infection somewhere. And she found the slab fracture in about 10 secondsHope your dog just banged itself up and will be OK.