does anyone have a sick dog, I have a dog with addisons has any one ever had a dog with this?

it is an adreanal gland problem . he is a 3 year old male lab mix he is awsome but when he has a crash he goes into shakes and looses hair and will yelp like he is in pain so we give him shots of percorton and pills of perdizone lots of fun . but he is…

does anyone have a sick dog, I have a dog with addisons has any one ever had a dog with this?

it is an adreanal gland problem . he is a 3 year old male lab mix he is awsome but when he has a crash he goes into shakes and looses hair and will yelp like he is in pain so we give him shots of percorton and pills of perdizone lots of fun . but he is…...
    General Dog Discussions : does anyone have a sick dog, I have a dog with addisons has any one ever had a dog with this?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• does anyone have a sick dog, I have a dog with addisons has any one ever had a dog with this?

does anyone have a sick dog, I have a dog with addisons has any one ever had a dog with this? General Dog Discussions
      it is an adreanal gland problem . he is a 3 year old male lab mix he is awsome but when he has a crash he goes into shakes and looses hair and will yelp like he is in pain so we give him shots of percorton and pills of perdizone lots of fun . but he is worth it . I guess I also wonder how to get drugs cheep to give him the shot is over 100 bucks every 5-6 weeks. the pills are cheep 10 bucks a bottle.

does anyone have a sick dog, I have a dog with addisons has any one ever had a dog with this? General Dog Discussions
    • Not good. I have a couple of friends that have had experience with Addison's dogs. Fortunately you got your dog diagnosed before he got so bad. I understand it's not unusual to loose a pet to this horrible disease because vets have a difficult time figuring out the problem. You must have a good vet.I'm not aware of any cheap treatments. I know the cost of the meds and the schedule to maintain the problem can easily add up. I thought one of my friends got a prescription that had to be taken to a compounding pharmacy and that helped to reduce the expense. Talk to your vet about that option.I've provided a link that might have further info. Right now there's an Addisons study going on. Hopefully soon there will be more answers, better, less expensive meds, and maybe a cure.

• I have been treating a dog with addisons for 7 years now. He is now 11 1/2. My vet was speculating how much I've spent on percorden over the years- I told her I refuse to add it up! What I have found was a GODSEND was the addisons lists www.k9addisons.com www.addisondogs.comThese are the home pages for these owner support goups - and are chock full of information and the latest scientific research. With over 1,000 owners on each list you are very likely to find someone who had had any problem you can name and can tell you how they solved it, often with the sceintific paper to back it up (that may have saved my boys life when we had BIG problems)- AND last but not least: they can give you links to the best prices for meds. The alternate drug to percorden, florineif, is advaliable in compounded form for less than $50 a month (you may be able to get it down to $30 if you shop price alone)....PS the list may be able to sort why your boy is crashing - this only happened ONCE in 7 yr. with my boy after he was dignosed