An ethical question-dog's tail?

Show quality great dane,a perfect solid black male with white white stripes on the undersides of his feet (100% permissable as far as AKC standard goes,which is who he's registered with). I posted about him a bit ago. His tail was broken by a sliding…

An ethical question-dog's tail?

Show quality great dane,a perfect solid black male with white white stripes on the undersides of his feet (100% permissable as far as AKC standard goes,which is who he's registered with). I posted about him a bit ago. His tail was broken by a sliding…...
    General Dog Discussions : An ethical question-dog's tail?...

• I agree with the last bit of your post -- maybe enter him in a couple of shows and see how he does, and how the judges react to his tail.You may even consider discussing it with the judge (after they've finished judging, of course!) -- what did you think of the tail, how far do you think he'd get with it, etc.If it's very obvious that the tail was injured (and this is not a genetic defect), most judges will overlook it. However, I don't know if kinked/crooked tails are a genetic problem in Danes -- if they are, it could be seen as a genetic fault (even though it's not -- the judge may assume that it is) and the dog will be dumped for it. Kinked tails have genetic precedent in other breeds (Dachshunds, for example), which is why I say this.I really don't think it's worth re-breaking/fixing just to show him, especially with the risk that Danes have with anesthesia in the first place...I wouldn't put mine under for anything that wasn't necessary.Good luck!