~*~Repost!~*~ I want a Shiba Inu dog, can anyone answer these questions of mine? Please? :D?

Ok so #1:1. Is it true that if i get one as a puppy it wont bother my kitty cat ?2. How long should it be crated per day ?3. What is the right amount of hours for it to be walked daily ?4. Is it easily house trained ?5. About how much money would it cost…

~*~Repost!~*~ I want a Shiba Inu dog, can anyone answer these questions of mine? Please? :D?

Ok so #1:1. Is it true that if i get one as a puppy it wont bother my kitty cat ?2. How long should it be crated per day ?3. What is the right amount of hours for it to be walked daily ?4. Is it easily house trained ?5. About how much money would it cost…...
    General Dog Discussions : ~*~Repost!~*~ I want a Shiba Inu dog, can anyone answer these questions of mine? Please? :D?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ~*~Repost!~*~ I want a Shiba Inu dog, can anyone answer these questions of mine? Please? :D?

~*~Repost!~*~ I want a Shiba Inu dog, can anyone answer these questions of mine? Please? :D? General Dog Discussions
      Ok so #1:1. Is it true that if i get one as a puppy it wont bother my kitty cat ?2. How long should it be crated per day ?3. What is the right amount of hours for it to be walked daily ?4. Is it easily house trained ?5. About how much money would it cost to adopt one?6. About how much money in vaccinations and such would I have to pay at the vet for the first about 6 months I have it ?7. My mom never wanted a dog and still really doesnt want one...My plan is:Raise like 500$ (see next question on that) and then buy the necesseties (ie leash, collar, food, crate, dog bed, food and water bowls, etc), then I will go to my mom and say can I please get a Shiba Inu Puppy? Then she will for sure say no, so I will take her up to my room where I will have all of the supplies, then she will probably still say no, so I will show her the about 200$ I have left.Do you think this will work ?8. On the site znnsitting (dot) 2ya (dot) com OR zoennat (dot) webs (dot) com you will find me and my really good friend's sitting site. Would you hire me? I need to know this because I need to be hir-able because I need the money ! If you wouldn't hire me, what should I do to fix this?Please don't just give me links to sites, I want real answers!Thank you!!!!-nat16 minutes ago - 3 days left to answer. Additional Details6 minutes ago...number 2 isnt a yes or no question!~~^lol! :DQuestion 5 aditional detail !I am adopting one from a shelter like Lied or Heaven Can Wait or one of those PetSmart fair thingies, not getting one from a breeder ! Pedegree of the pup doesn't matter to me ! :DSorry if anyone already answered, aside from the *I hate ur user* guy, I mainly reposted this because his answer annoyed me lol!Hey dont say not to crate! I would do it for the dog's protection, my kitty (Spunky) is going to be mad at me for getting a dog, I just know it!I will protect this dog by crating it byA) Keeping it out of stuff that could harm it while I am awayandB) Keeping him/her safe from my angry kitty!

~*~Repost!~*~ I want a Shiba Inu dog, can anyone answer these questions of mine? Please? :D? General Dog Discussions
    • Reposts are annoying and spam the system. Im not going to take you seriously or think of you as a very mature capable person if you repost while your last question is still on the first page!

• Already gave you good info as a shiba owner & have no idea about those shelters. Calling them & asking what their fees are would be correct way to go. All rescues have different fees.

• 1, yes, but the same can't be said about your cat.2, Don't crate your dog.3, You should walk as much as possible.4. Its the same as any other puppy. 5. A few hundred6. A few hundred7. Probably not. 8. Find a real jobIts your parent's decision on whether or not you can have a dog.

• 1.) Not necessarily. Typically, puppies do well with other animals if they're raised with them. However, dogs with very strong prey drives may still be triggered to chase the cat, for instance.2.) As little as possible, of course. The crate should be used any time you can't watch the dog and need to have him in a safe place, but hopefully you'll have plenty of time to supervise. While the puppy is very young, you'll need to be slowly desensitizing him to the crate, so in any event, it'll take awhile to build up from thirty seconds to four hours. If we're talking about an adult that is already crate-trained, then eight hours at the absolute maximum, but preferably no more than six.3.) As much as you can. Walking is actually a relatively poor way of giving exercise, so you'll have to do a considerable amount of walking to give the same amount of exercise as a more strenuous activity. For instance, I can wear my dog out with a half hour of soccer in the back yard while it takes well over an hour of walking to tire him out. But anyway, just walk him for as long as you can. A bunch of shorter walks (like several half-hour walks) is a common choice. All dogs are individual. You might get a lazier Shiba or one that's constantly on the go, so you'll need to found out for yourself how long to walk him. They do have an incredible amount of endurance, so you'll probably need at least two good, long, hard walks every day.4.) I have indeed read several times that they're naturally clean dogs and that housebreaking is typically pretty easy. 5.) I imagine that would depend entirely on the shelter, rescue or person you adopt him from.6.) That really varies. I assume you're getting a small puppy that will need all its shots. Most rescues vaccinate all their dogs. If you have to have it done yourself, the vaccinations and boosters can run anywhere from $20-150 while things like heartworm preventative are usually around $25. If he happens to come with an already existing problem like heartworm, treatment can cost as much as all the vaccinations. Then there are accidental things you'd have to pay for, like if he eats a stomachful of rocks (surprisingly common.. oy vey). I'd have an absolute bare minimum of $300 available, but in case of an accident, you'll be ill-prepared.7.) I have no idea because I don't know your mom. If I were your mom, I'd probably be ticked off at you for assuming I'd ever say yes and buying the supplies, and then I'd holler at you for thinking $200 would mean anything in the long run as for the cost. (Our dog is a year and a half old and must have cost as $10,000 by now. Yeah, he ate a bunch of rocks..) But seriously, that's just me, and I'm a sourpuss.8.) Use more detail in explaining your credentials. Don't just say you've taken babysitting classes. I mean, expand on all that stuff. What did you learn in your CPR class? What are those eleven pets? You have to sell your idea to the customer. Being the cranky person I am, I was peeved by seeing the second "gizmoz" or whatever it is because I don't really care about silly things like that, hey, I'm looking for a professional! The exclamation marks in the page titles seems a tad immature. I really like how you have that easy-to-read calendar that lists your available times. If you're serious about it, it'd be nice to see a page where a potential customer could "meet" you. You know, an info page to introduce the both of you. That strikes a person as a commitment that makes you seem serious.