does my dog have fleas???? pleasee helppp?

yesterday i found a tiny bug on him didnt think anything of it..this morning he was laying on my bed and i seen him biting his thigh so i went over to him and was looking at his hair....i got it out and stuff.....but i also noticed a coup0le of weeks ago…

yesterday i found a tiny bug on him didnt think anything of it..this morning he was laying on my bed and i seen him biting his thigh so i went over to him and was looking at his hair....i got it out and stuff.....but i also noticed a coup0le of weeks ago…...
    General Dog Discussions : does my dog have fleas???? pleasee helppp?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• does my dog have fleas???? pleasee helppp?

does my dog have fleas???? pleasee helppp? General Dog Discussions
      yesterday i found a tiny bug on him didnt think anything of it..this morning he was laying on my bed and i seen him biting his thigh so i went over to him and was looking at his hair....i got it out and stuff.....but i also noticed a coup0le of weeks ago he has little red dots on his stomach and i thought maybe it was just a spider bite...and now he has alot on his stomach and alll down behind his legs it almost looks like a rash..i just gave him a bath..hoping that it would kill any bugs he had on his body..will this help...do i need to take him to a vet....im really worried and dont know what to do..its my first dog i have only had him for to 9 months and hes still a puppy hes only 11 months he will be 1 this saturday..but please if u know anything or if this is even fleas please helppp

does my dog have fleas???? pleasee helppp? General Dog Discussions
    • This sounds like fleas. They are a pain, but they can be managed. First, get some Frontline, Revolution, or Advantage (available at your vet's office) and apply it to your dog once monthly. It's just a topical liquid you will squeeze out on the nape of the dog's neck. Wash all your bedding and any of his bedding. Vacuum your entire house, including carpet, furniture, and mattresses that he lays on. Fleas can take awhile to get completely under control, so don't give up. An infestation takes a minimum of 3 months of continuing treatment, but since the topical treatments listed above treat as well as prevent, it would be better to keep him on it year round. Make sure to avoid any type of flea product that is over-the-counter, including shampoos and the topical treatments. They are ineffective and unsafe.

• Could very poss. be fleas. First thing you need to do is get rid of the fleas ASAP--I recom. a topical treatment such as "Frontline Plus"--this goes on topically between their shoulder blades and last 30 days for ticks and 90 day for fleas. Fleas spend 90% of their time off the host ( dog etc) and so you will also need to thoroughly clean the areas the your dog lays, spends times etc...Fleas can potentially carry the bubonic plague which is very dangerous to cats and people so it is very important to get rid of them. If this of course does not work, then I recom. a visit to the vets office for a full exam as rashes can also be sign of something else. ( Allergies etc). Hope this helps.

• Yes your dog has flees. I'd go to the vet, or if you want to be cheep, go to the store and get flee spray for your dog. That is what we did. And the spray worked just fine. Or you can give your dog some flee pills for your dog. I heard those work pretty good.

• My dogs have been on Sentinel for 11 years now and I sometimes put the topical flea medicine like Advantage or Frontline Plus on them too. Most especially this year because fleas have been pretty bad.Sentinel works for heartworm, fleas and some types of worms. The fleas still have to bite them but once they bite them, they cannot mate and create more fleas. This stops the flea cycle. The Frontiline Plus or Anvantage will kill the fleas that are already on the dog. It sounds like your dog might be allergic to fleas since he has a rash so you want to be pretty proactive to get them out of your house. The more you vacuum, the more fleas you'll get rid of. Put a piece of flea collar in your vacuum cleaner bag to kill the ones you vacuum up. You can even get your yard sprayed if you have a ton of fleas. Sentinel-kills fleas, heartworms and some other worms.Advantage or Frontline-kills fleas.Use both of these together.

• Sounds like fleas. If you have carpet in your house they'll probably be living there too. Try going out for the day, and shaking a whole box of salt on the carpet. It kills the fleas. Then give your dog a flea bath and put a flea collar on it.