Is it ok for my puppy to eat my kitten's food?

My 8 week old puppy goes straight for my kitten's food. He prefers it, is it going to do any harm?

Is it ok for my puppy to eat my kitten's food?

My 8 week old puppy goes straight for my kitten's food. He prefers it, is it going to do any harm?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it ok for my puppy to eat my kitten's food?...

• i dont think it will do him harm but it might be to rich for him my puppy also wants my adult cats food so i put the cat food up higher puppy cant reach and the cat loves the climb

• I have heard on here that cat food is much too rich and way too salty for dogs to eat on a regular basis. Put the kitty food up high so he can't reach it.Once in awhile as a treat may not hurt him, but I'd stick with the dog food for him.

• my dog is 16 and she sometimes eats cat food. they say it isnt good for them but you cant be with them 24/7. just tell your dog no in a low tone manner and possible move the dog food next to the cat dish. your dog will pick. carrie essex ny

• Place the kitten food up higher than the dog can reach. Up on a shelf. If your kitten is too young to jump high enough to get to the food, you can lift the kitten up (it doesn't have to be very high , just high enough that the puppy can't reach it ). Just make sure the kitten knows where you have moved her food to .. and lift her to the food once or twice a day as needed. Good Luck ! :)

• Your cats food is very bad for your dog. Cat food has to much salt in it and that is not good for dogs. But that is why he likes it soo it tastes good. I would put your cats food up so you dog can't get to it.

• Puppies should not eat kitten food as their dietary requirements are completely different. Puppies should b fed on a diet that is correct for their breed as the calcium levels vary on small and larger dogs. Puppies need increased protein, increased fat, omega 6 & 3, energy and minerals increased. Kittens need protein reduced, fat increased, omega 6&3, energy and minerals increased. They also require Taurine in their diet to maintain normal heart funct and retinal structure - Puppies dont need Taurine. Puppy & kitten foods also have different k/cal. If the foods were ok for both you could buy "puppy/kitten"food. Stick to whats designed for which animal as it has the correct requirements.