How can I help my dog with the after-effects of mange?

I adopted a beagle who had an advanced case of mange. He has been treated w/Revolution, but he has alot of "scarring" (very thick, rough skin) and his skin is extremely dry on his hind-quarters and legs. Is there anything out their to help soften his…

I adopted a beagle who had an advanced case of mange. He has been treated w/Revolution, but he has alot of "scarring" (very thick, rough skin) and his skin is extremely dry on his hind-quarters and legs. Is there anything out their to help soften his…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I help my dog with the after-effects of mange?...

• How can I help my dog with the after-effects of mange?

How can I help my dog with the after-effects of mange? General Dog Discussions
      I adopted a beagle who had an advanced case of mange. He has been treated w/Revolution, but he has alot of "scarring" (very thick, rough skin) and his skin is extremely dry on his hind-quarters and legs. Is there anything out their to help soften his skin and reduce his dryness-related itch. It is just terrible that after be relieved of a lifetime of itchy mange he is still scratching at dry skin.

How can I help my dog with the after-effects of mange? General Dog Discussions
    • Goodwinol ointments good, my vet prescribed it for my pups irritated skin due to sarcoptic mange.http://www.calvetsupply.com/browseproducts/Goodwinol-Ointment-for-Demodectic-Mange---1-oz..htmlAsk your vet about this product or if he can suggest some type of ointment for your dogs skin.

• POOR PUPPY Have you considered an oatmeal bath? Even a baking soda bath. the directions are on the box. Followed by a nice shampoo and conditioner. Hope he feels better and thanks for careing.There is also a treatment on the market for reducing the severity of scarring . You should probably ask your vet about it. No prescription needed. GOOD LUCK!