How do i know if my puppy is dead?

it is midnight so no vet is open so i was wondering if anyone can help me, my dog is still breathing but does not move i think he might be dead but i dont want him to be, what are some symptoms that show the death of a puppy?

How do i know if my puppy is dead?

it is midnight so no vet is open so i was wondering if anyone can help me, my dog is still breathing but does not move i think he might be dead but i dont want him to be, what are some symptoms that show the death of a puppy?...
    General Dog Discussions : How do i know if my puppy is dead?...

• when the puppy is dead, they dont move breath or anything of the sort. give your puppy the option of food and water and dont force it on him. bring him to the doctor first thing in the morning. i hope that he is not dead.best of luck.

• death symptoms: not breathing and skin cool to touch. healthy puppies will have moist cool noses. hopefully your puppy is just snoozing soundly and dreaming of Alpo... call your mama, she'll know!hugs, cryllie

• see first of all try to make it drink some milk with a feeding bottle. if dosent work then take a torch and open its eyes and flash the light in it if at all there is any movment in its eyes then it is alive if there is no movment in its retina then i am sorry to say that its dead. wait for morning and take it to a good vet.

• If he is breathing he is still alive. If you put a finger on his side, right behind the elbow, you will feel his heart beat. As long as he is breathing or has a heartbeat he is still alive.Put a spoon of water on his tongue to make it easier for him to breath. don't try to get him to swallow it, but just let it moisten his tongue.You said that he was very sick yesterday. The vets were open today.

• If your puppy is breathing he is still alive. He would be cold and not moving. Stay with him til morning and if he does not getting up call the vet. Also check your local phonebook for 24hr vet emergency hospitals. But if he is breathing he is ok.

• If he is still breathing, he is not dead. But you need to get help as soon as possible. If no 24-hr. vet is in your town, see if you can locate a 24-hr vet service in a major city in your state. If you can at least get them on the phone, they may be able to help you. I am praying for you right now that your puppy doesn't die (LORD, sustain the life of her puppy while she gets help for him, in Jesus' name I pray!). Get on the phone, even to a crisis line, or hospital -- even though they can't help you, they may have the information about a vet service that can.

• If it is still breathing it is not dead, you can see if it will respond to food. If it does not respond to food feel inside its mouth and see if the mouth is cold. If the mouth is cold inside that is not a good sign, try massaging it and getting it motivated to move, depending on how far gone the puppy is this can help. Don't hurt the puppy but be kind of rough just rubbing it gently will do no good. I really hope your puppy is okay, I would just try to keep it moving and warm until i could get it to a vet. If the puppy stops breathing or gets really stiff chances are its to late.

• Alright, there are no emergency vets or clinics open.Right, if your dog is still breathing that means he's still alive. If he stops breathing and he doesn't have a pulse, he's dead. If he gets stiff, rigor mortis has set in and he is really dead...time for a burial.What on earth happened to the puppy? If you've given him chocolate or too much human food like that, he's probably poisoned. Has he been outside? If he's licked up antifreeze (a common occurrence) he will be poisoned.go to google.com or search.com or ANY search engine to get any more information...put in "dog care emergency vet" or something similarIf you're really REALLY worried about the puppy, ask anyone, even cops, for help. In larger cities there is usually an animal police force that can get help for the puppy.Good luck.

• you don't say if the puppy was sick before it went to bed. puppies can sleep like nobody's business. i've had puppies that would sleep so soundly you could pick them up and move them from place to place without ever waking them up.if the puppy is breathing, he's alive. if he wasn't sick before he went to bed, i think i'd just make sure he was warm enough and let him sleep.he should be fine in the morning and be glad to see you.

• .I don't mean to be rude if the puppy is breathing he is still alive. try to wake him up. and get off the damn computer. and call a 24 hour emergency clinic for animals.

• i would hope by now you have tried picking him up, if he isn't moving or responding then with a little pressure push on the inside of his gums ( in his mouth) the pink should turn white and right back to pink. if it does not do that you need to go to a pet emergency clinic as soon as possible, that would suggest his or her blood flow has stopped or slowed very down.i would also hope your puppy is fully vaccinated against parvo. that kills puppy's very quickly

• If he is still breathing then he is not dead, call the vet, even though it is after midnight, they have 24 hour emergency numbers for vets. Good Luck. Now stop waiting on answers and get the pup some help!