How much chicken and rice to feed a dog?

I have a puppy who is just under 10 lbs, she is getting over a stomach infection and the vet recommended that she eat chicken and rice only for the next few days. What is the ratio of chicken/rice that she should be eating? And how much food overall for…

I have a puppy who is just under 10 lbs, she is getting over a stomach infection and the vet recommended that she eat chicken and rice only for the next few days. What is the ratio of chicken/rice that she should be eating? And how much food overall for…...
    General Dog Discussions : How much chicken and rice to feed a dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How much chicken and rice to feed a dog?

How much chicken and rice to feed a dog? General Dog Discussions
      I have a puppy who is just under 10 lbs, she is getting over a stomach infection and the vet recommended that she eat chicken and rice only for the next few days. What is the ratio of chicken/rice that she should be eating? And how much food overall for the day? I read 2-3% of the dogs body weight, but that seemed low.

How much chicken and rice to feed a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • You need to keep it low if she is convalescent , especially convalescent after stomach problems .About two spoonfuls of cooked cool rice with one spoonful of chopped up cooled cooked chicken is the right proportion .Feed little and often , not a bumper meal twice a day .As she gets better , reduce the frequency , and increase the quantity . A pup needs to be fed about 4 or 3 times a day , reducing to 3 or 2 as she gets older , 2 as an adult .

• Cooked white rice is a bland diet for a sore gut. Adding chicken or cottage cheese gives a little protein that the canine body needs. 3% of ten pounds is 1/3 pound, or between five and six ounces. Get a kitchen scale and weigh it out. I bet it's a cup of rice and a couple ounces of chicken.